Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hormone issues...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I’ve be mega horny the past couple of weeks to the point were its on my mind pretty much all the time. It’s starting to bug me out now because the change has been so drastic to how I normally am and I can’t explain it. Do you think there is something wrong with my hormones or am I turning into a nymphomaniac ?

Comments

• Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi Luci

Your sex drive can be revved up or dampened by all sorts of things. It's really normal to go through bouts of uber-horniness, and also to go through bouts of not wanting sex at all.

Hormones - to some extent - play a part. Have you done anything differently in your life recently which may have affected your hormones? Are you trying a new contraception? Or in a new relationship? Or maybe just come out of a period of stress?

Although changes in sex drive are natural, you say it's been bugging you? Is there any particular reason why? Is it affecting your day to day life? If its affecting your well-being it might be worth having a chat with your GP, or even a sex therapist, but it's worth having a look at what's going on in your life first and whether there's any new factors that could play a part.

Feel free to keep posting about it here if you want to get anything of your chest. TheSite is always listening :)

Holly