Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Urge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for the past 6 months or so ive been unable to drink any alcohol... yes im 15... but the odd glass does no harm... recently people in my class started smoking... saying it relaxes them, then one did some drugs, saying shes never been so happy in her life...

i really have the urge, to go out and get pissed, to smoke and to do drugs... jsut because i know the harm of which it causes... i really dont know what to do...

Comments

• Options
    Do you know why you have the urge? Is it because you imagine it to be a really fantastic experience? Its not all that tbh.

I'm 27 and although I had a drink last night, it was just one, and I generally don't drink all the time or that often. The trouble I have in trying to approach a question/situation like this, is that I don't really know that much about it. What I'm trying to say is that I've never really been in a situation where I have had an urge to go and do something so badly, but without knowing what its like pretty much.

Could be work having a look at the following;
    http://thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/smoking/givingupsmoking/whydopeoplesmoke
    http://thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drinking/responsibledrinking/whatdrinkdoes
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    All that stuff will eventually do more harm than good. Even if getting drunk or high makes you happy, what about the money? What about your health?

My brother said smoking weed helped calm him down, and helped with the ADD. But when he hasn't had a fix he is aggressive and spiteful, and it's not just weed anymore. We were told by the police that almost all heroin addicts started on cannabis. I can only hope he hasn't gone that far.
    In the end only you can decide, it's your life. Just think really hard before doing anything.

*hug* xx
  • Options
    Ah wish I went to your school! Can't get away from drugs in mine. The current fave of year 11 is Ketamine. Bit rough if you ask me.

I have nothing against drug use, as long as people are aware of the risks, and are doing drugs because they want to- not because their friends want them to. But so many people, especially our age, do drugs just 'cos their friend do them, or because they're depressed... and quite often people don't know the potential harm it can cause. I know you say you want the harm, but have you really looked into it? Have you really looked into what can happen if you take too much?

Remember: drugs aren't going to sort out your problems, far from it, if you start using to forgot your problems you'll easily get addicted hun. I spent over a grand in the summer on meow, because it helped me forget.. now I have no money for university, or a flat, or a nice holiday. All I have is a sore nose and cravings.

Give me a PM if you need a chat with someone your own age, and be careful and safe with what ever you do. *hug*
  • Options
    Reena wrote: »
    We were told by the police that almost all heroin addicts started on cannabis. I can only hope he hasn't gone that far.

I can safely say that there are a LOT less users of heroin than of cannabis. Just because you smoke dope doesn't mean you'll go onto harder stuff. Yes it can happen, but it's not automatic.
  • Options
    i dont know, i am hurting inside, its the numb depressing pain, i cant s/h or 'there will be consequences' and i cant talk still... even though evthing is in the open now with my parents, we just dont talk about it... i just... i dont know anymore
  • Options
    Alcohol is a depressant, so might be worth reconsidering drinking if you're in a down mood.
  • Options
    I can safely say that there are a LOT less users of heroin than of cannabis. Just because you smoke dope doesn't mean you'll go onto harder stuff. Yes it can happen, but it's not automatic.

I second this, seriously i hate it when people say "cannabis is gateway drug". Or assume, that people who smoke weed will go onto hard things, it's frustrating. It's the governments fault anyway, drugs are bad and weed isn't one of them. The only reason people say weed gets people on harder drugs, is because you've got to get it from a dealer, that more than likely sells other things.

Also in reply to the OP. Drugs may seem amazing and alluring, i know they did when i was 15. Three years later, about £5,000 gone and have many psychological problems due to mephedrone and weed. I can honestly say it's probably not the best route to go down.

Smoking again, that a life choice not as serious as drugs (I personally love smoking, i know it's killing me, it makes me smell, i can't run, etc) but still it's something i enjoy, and i don't know what i'd do without it. But if you can honestly say, if you got diagnosed at the age of 30 with cancer, as you had a week left. Would you think? FUCK. Or would you go, i lived my life the way i wanted, and this is the result.

Drinking, just drink in moderation. As in, yeah go out get hammered with your mates. But like once every couple of weeks, and look after yourself when you do, know your limit and make sure you're somewhere safe. Not in some dark park...

Also never do things because your friends do, do the things you want to do...
  • Options
    Good advice Shikari :)
  • Options
    ketamine regretamine

get high or drunk because it's fun or because you want to have new experiences. if you start off doing it because you think it'll fill some kind of hole in your life then you're just going to make the hole bigger.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl

I understand what you and Shikari are saying, but I'm just going off what I know. My brother started on weed and now he is on stronger drugs. I think you should be careful what ever you take, that's why I said it because it can happen.

Just be careful Flow. If you depend on something too much it can end up hurting even more.
    -Like my brother, my parents don't want him around this Xmas if he is still the same. We have a small child to think about.
    Hope you're doing alright. xx :heart:
  • Options
    I started my drug years around 15, but from boredom more than anything else. One thing i have found is that whatever problems you have before taking drugs are still right there afterwards, and often worse than before.

Drugs aren't an escape, they are just a very temporary diversion that also bring their own problems.
  • Options
    Happiness cannot be found in a bottle a pipe or a syringe.
    Pleasure can of course and wreckless abandon.
    Fuck the world I wanna get high!!!!!
    Fuck you fuck everything I wanna get pissed!!!!!
    Does that sound like happiness?
    Honestly?
    Spend a little time thinking about pleasure and happiness.
    They are not the same thing.
    They may be related but they are only distant cousins.
    Pleasure can be gotten every day in many places and usualy costs a few quid.
    In all my life I've never found anyone selling happiness.
  • Options
    Happiness cannot be found in a bottle a pipe or a syringe.......

......In all my life I've never found anyone selling happiness.

That's my nomination for post of the month. :yes:

Mr Roll speaks the truth.
  • Options
    Hya Lordy ... it's the truth.
    In this world of instant gratification I hear more and more people confuse pleasure with happiness and I'm convinced that kind a thinking aint good for your health!
    Hope your well.