You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Netflix Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just changed from LoveFilm to Netflix... Basically, I find at times, the streaming with Netflix is awful. I need to keep on stopping things to let them load, but they only load a bit... I haven't had trouble with Youtube, or Lovefilm's streaming service...

Of course, it could be that other house mates are doing something which uses a lot of internet? I know one downloads films... So maybe when he's on there, it's an issue?

We have a very fast internet connection...

Thank goodness I'm still on the free trial stage...

Has anybody else had issues? Any tips on resolving them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im with netflix never had any problem with it. Its normally really good.
    Just realised, my flatmate plays a lot of computer games, so maybe it is slowing down the connection.
    Most computer games don't use a massive amount of bandwidth so it shouldn't bother it too much
    Oh... Ok... What about other flatmates downloading films?

Well I'll just cancel my Netflix if it's a Netflix problem... 50% of the films I have tried so far have been unwatchable.
    Downloading films could cause a problem. But if you tube is fine I would suspect that netflix is the culprit. Have you looked on their forums and see if there are similar reports?
    Yeah...

Flatmates can stream... I can't... Even when the signals are 4 bars, I have the same problems.

Tried running a program to clear off files and speed up my laptop... No joy. Trying virus scans... No joy...

No idea what to do next. I only use my laptop really, for Emails and watching TV. Maybe I need a new laptop?