Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

From horrible to happiness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is not a help thread although it helped me.

Many months ago when I was feeling depressed and then I came across this strange and intriguing voice while I was searching Youtube. I started listening to The Carpenters before every day before work and for some reason it kept me smiling which made my day better. It may be a little un hip to like The Carpenters but their is some thing about Karen Carpenters voice that makes me smile. So when I'm down and feeling dreadful with no hope I have found my balancing beam with songs from the 70's.
Sorry if this is a little change but I thought that this would be nice to share as it has helped me turn my life around in the last 5 months

Anyway thanks for reading. :wave:

Comments

• Options
    I think this is really cool, always good to hear something positive :thumb:

I can relate to this in a way, music can definitely be a comfort when things are bad :)
  • Options
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    I think this is really cool, always good to hear something positive :thumb:

I can relate to this in a way, music can definitely be a comfort when things are bad :)

hell yeah it helped me big time
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    The Carpenters un hip, never. I love their music. And like hmmm7 said 'music can definitely be a comfort.' :hyper:
  • Options
    Some other feel good tracks I love:

Sound if Sunshine and Say Hey by Michael Franti.

Anything by Melanie Safka and Joni MItchell (who I think you'll love if you like Carpenters)

I Got Love by King Blues