Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i really that unloveable

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I havnt self harmed in 4 days it been so hard as the urges keep getting stronger I woke up this morning feeling proper shit about my self so I speak to my friend who cheers me up abit.
My mum then comes home from work starts an argument for No reason.
I hate how the moment I feel a little happiness she destroys it with aggresive personality.
I'm I really that unloveable and shit as a person that she has to act like this?
Right now I feel like I need to self harm and I dont think u have any fight left in me I know that makes me sound prothetic and a failure but I dont care its to hard and I have had enough.

Comments

• Options
    tell someone

I'm thinking about telling my auntie tonight that I self harm she is an understanding person so I think she will be supportive I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to bring the subject up im just not sure wat to say

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Hey there and welcome to TheSite :wave:

You don't sound pathetic or like a failure, even though you may feel that way right now. Life can be overwhelming at times and the important thing is that you're reaching out for some support. I'm sure others will pitch in with their thoughts but I just wondered if you had seen our article about confiding in someone: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/confidinginsomeone

It has some really useful info about dealing with people's reactions.

Talking to someone you trust is a really good step to be taking. You could start by just asking if you could have a chat in private, maybe write down a few things before that you might want to say? Loads of luck and let us know how you get on *hug*
  • Options
    Thank you I will check out the link
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I'm thinking about telling my auntie tonight that I self harm she is an understanding person so I think she will be supportive I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to bring the subject up im just not sure wat to say

Any ideas?

Its not easy opening up. Someone once told me, to ask the person I wanted to speak to if we could chat, as Jo7 said somewhere private. Talk to them when your feeling calm, and at ease with as clear a head as possible, to get you words out, again Jo7 suggested writing some down.
    Try to pick a moment when that person is also calm and not in a hurry, so you can have a good chat.
    -I was told this, because I only ever said a small amount of what I was feeling when upset or angry. I kept everything in and tried to deal with it alone which just made it worse.

Maybe your mother sees something in you. Something that she could never see inside herself, so she hurts you because she knows you'll be better, do better than her.

I hope this helped, had a bad night tonight, so my head is still all over. xx
  • Options
    thank u

This has helped I told my auntie and she said that she sort of already knew that something was wrong but never woulda have thought that or had got this bad.

Are you ok?
  • Options
    This has helped I told my auntie and she said that she sort of already knew that something was wrong but never woulda have thought that or had got this bad.

Are you ok?

So you have support, someone to give you a hug when you need it.
    My mother knew something was wrong too, but like your auntie she couldn't believe I was hurting myself and wanting to end my life.

I'm alright today. I did post in the 'I need a hug' thread, I think. I was a bit emotional last night. I'm ok, I get down every now and again, but not as bad as I use to.
    I just felt like I was watching my family going to pieces.
    How you feeling hun?
  • Options
    Reena wrote: »
    So you have support, someone to give you a hug when you need it.
    My mother knew something was wrong too, but like your auntie she couldn't believe I was hurting myself and wanting to end my life.

I'm alright today. I did post in the 'I need a hug' thread, I think. I was a bit emotional last night. I'm ok, I get down every now and again, but not as bad as I use to.
    I just felt like I was watching my family going to pieces.
    How you feeling hun?

My auntie told me yesterday that she has known for about three years now because someone told her but until a year ago when I told my friend I didnt think anyone knew and she wont tell me who told her.

I'm glad u r ok now if u ever get down again u can always PM me even if its just to rant :)
  • Options
    Thanks hun, same here. xx :heart: