Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm new here, but need help (weather photography)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is Justin and I just created this account less than an hour ago and need some help. As I understand it, this is a British run website and I love that. I can get better advice from here than my own country people.

Anyway, on to my point. I am a severe weather chaser, or as many know it, storm chaser. I've been doing this for almost six years. Only recently have I gotten serious with having stuff to sell, like video and photos. My question is, how would be the best way to go about selling my photos? Should I print off a certain amount and try profiting from that, should I do a sample sheet with all prints I've ever taken and let people order from that, what should I do? Your feedback in this is greatly appreciated and I wish you all a great day or night.

Comments

• Options
    Do you blog about your storm chasing? It would be easy enough to attach an Ebay account to it for people to order prints from you.
  • Options
    Signing up to a stock photo site could generate you some income if you have enough photos. There are always bored/lazy journalists looking for something dramatic for a news story. Saying that however, i'd personally branch out a bit. I can't imagine there is that much demand.
  • Options
    I think there's possibly an add on to Flickr.com that allows you to sell your photos through there, I think that's what my little brother has done in the past.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Do you blog about your storm chasing? It would be easy enough to attach an Ebay account to it for people to order prints from you.
    I do blog about it when there is a storm to blog about lol. It's actually on Facebook at www.facebook.com/justinswildweatheradventure Feel free to check it out if you want. That's where the photos I speak of are found. :)
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Signing up to a stock photo site could generate you some income if you have enough photos. There are always bored/lazy journalists looking for something dramatic for a news story. Saying that however, i'd personally branch out a bit. I can't imagine there is that much demand.
    Where all would you recommend I branch out to? :)
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    I think there's possibly an add on to Flickr.com that allows you to sell your photos through there, I think that's what my little brother has done in the past.
    How was his success rate with that? :)
  • Options
    Where all would you recommend I branch out to? :)

Landscape photography only really makes you any money if you're someone like Ansel Adams. The money is either in portraits, journalism or wedding/event coverage.