Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feel dirty

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So in my teens when I was in Amsterdam on two occassions, I slept with prostitutes. I've slept with a total of 3 prostittues (twice when 18 and once when 19).

I'm in my twenties now and feel really dirty about it. Also feel that if people find out they'll think I'm very immoral... it was legal and the girls didn't seem to be being forced into it, I feel that what I did was wrong. I also went to a really dodgey nightclub and did a lot of stuff with the strippers there, I feel horrible about that too.

I can't change it now, I don't want to lie to people if I'm asked 1) have you slept with prostittues? 2) have you been to a strip club?

I don't know what to do. Feel dirty and that I'm going to have to live with this for the rest of my life.

If you found out that someone you knew had slept with prostitutes, what would you think of him?

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    userx wrote: »
    So in my teens when I was in Amsterdam on two occassions, I slept with prostitutes. I've slept with a total of 3 prostittues (twice when 18 and once when 19).

I'm in my twenties now and feel really dirty about it. Also feel that if people find out they'll think I'm very immoral... it was legal and the girls didn't seem to be being forced into it, I feel that what I did was wrong. I also went to a really dodgey nightclub and did a lot of stuff with the strippers there, I feel horrible about that too.

I can't change it now, I don't want to lie to people if I'm asked 1) have you slept with prostittues? 2) have you been to a strip club?

I don't know what to do. Feel dirty and that I'm going to have to live with this for the rest of my life.

If you found out that someone you knew had slept with prostitutes, what would you think of him?

It depends on the circumstances. We all do things we're not proud of and wish we could take back, whether we're 18 or 80. If it were me, I would try to be understanding. We are all human at the end of the day, and humans are not perfect, we make mistakes.
    Let people judge you on the person you are now and not your past self.
    Hope this helped Reena.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As Reena said, everyone makes mistakes. The main thing is, you feel bad about it. No, you can't take it back, but you seemed to have learnt from your actions and want to change. As long as you don't deliberately lie about it, I don't see why it would be a problem as long as the person you're with knows that it's one of your regrets and that you wouldn't do it again.

If I was with somebody who told me they had slept with a prostitute, I would probably ask questions and want to know when, how many times and if it was safe, etc but I wouldn't break up with them because of it, I'd just want to be certain that they didn't do it again and make sure I understand why they did it in the first place.
    I understand how you feel. You have to change then. Be a one woman man. I advice you to have a check up because you might be at risk of sexually transmitted disease or infection.
    I think you have to start by figuring out why you feel this way. Do you feel like you exploited them in some way? Do you feel like it says something about you as a man? I certainly don't think (like some other posters) that it's necessarily a positive thing that you feel bad about it.