Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clubbing solo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever done it? Thoughts?

I'm getting kinda fed up of being mostly friendless and thought, well, there's no reason I can't just head out on a Friday night and see where the evening takes me. It's kinda lame in a way. But even if it's 99% lame with me walking about toothlessly, there's that 1% where I might meet some cool people and start up a conversation, who knows maybe arrange to hang out or something.

So my thoughts right now are 'nothing to lose, except pride' and it's not like anyone in a random night club will remember me anyway. Just wondering if I'll regret it. Whenever I've gone out with mates and been abandoned I always get a bit bored and end up doing nothing much at all.

Comments

• Options
    It's a good idea and I dont think anyone will be able to tell that you're alone too.
  • Options
    Clubbing probably won't work, but I quite often go out to the pub by myself, even on a Friday or Saturday evening. Met some interesting people and only ever had one or two comments. But then if they've got the time to do that, they're obviously not having a great deal of fun are they?
  • Options
    Clubbing probably won't work, but I quite often go out to the pub by myself, even on a Friday or Saturday evening. Met some interesting people and only ever had one or two comments. But then if they've got the time to do that, they're obviously not having a great deal of fun are they?

Yea, whenever I've gone to pubs on my own the only other types in there are groups and older guys who seem a little too attached to their drink. Maybe that's a bit of a prejudgement on my part.