Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hmmm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A dilema presented to the wise folks at TS for deliberation.

Post break up from a long term relationship I have been having a little snoop around dating sites and decided that yes, this is what I'd like to do. Have made a profile on one site (without any telling details and no pictures) I have been matched with my boss! Of course a romantic relationship with him is out of the question, however if I were to post a bit more about myself and a photo, the anonymity would be gone and would probably prove horribly embarrassing for both of us. Having looked at other dating sites I don't think there are any others I want to use. So the question is:

Do I suffer the mortification my boss and I both knowing that we are both on a dating site AND that we are a 'match', or do I give up on the whole thing, perhaps trawl around another site with less calibre?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what's your relationship with your boss like?
    He seems nice for the most part and means well but he doesn't always do as well as he means; I don't think he's all too bright which is my main reservation. I think he could inadvertently let this slip to the company grape vine quite easily.
    Hey,
    I just had a quick flick on the internet, and on some dating sites you can block users. Is it possible to do this on the site you're on?
    Seems I would be able to make myself invisible to everyone, not certain people, or that I could block certain people but still be visible to them
    smaug wrote: »
    Seems I would be able to make myself invisible to everyone, not certain people, or that I could block certain people but still be visible to them

You on okcupid? I think the best thing to do would be to ignore it, hide him so you don't see him again (and so you don't go clicking on his profile again) and hopefully he should appreciate that with both of you being single, and the way the matching works being as it is, it's just a funny coincidence that you can both ignore.