Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Loss of self confidence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I have recently made a sport out of putting myself down and being a total shut in. I think I am in the running for a medal!

For really though, I don't believe in myself. I don't achieve anything. I don't think I am worth anything.

I do love life, I do have passions and I do want to change.

I just dont know quite where to start on it all.
I have no job, friends or any 'options' in my life to be what I want to be.

I think I am having a rant but... if anyone wants to offer me some advice or, anything really, that would be nice :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are your passions? What do you want to be different?
    Hi there :)

I want to be a dog groomer, or work with rescue dogs.
    I really like animals.

I recently moved to a small town where there is nothing (for my chaps work placement, so thankfully its only a year!). I have no money and things are really limited here!

I would have to travel to go anywhere and travel is really terrible here.

I feel trapped by this place, but part of me feels like.
    'is it all these things or are they excuses?'

IDK sorry for rambling. I cant really talk to my man properly about things cause I dont want to totally stress him out !
    Is there a vet in the town that needs a volunteer dog walker or a nearby rescue trust (RSPCA, Retired Greyhounds Trust, independent kennels)? If you want to start working with animals the very best is to start working with animals on a voluntary basis. Some places will be able to set you up with travel, you'll be out of the house getting some exercise and meeting new people.

On the other thing, if you want an even and balance relationship you need to be able to talk to him about the issues that you are facing individually.
    Thats a very good idea.
    I did do some reaching out to a dog groomer but they were (understandably) too busy to have me come down and take a look at how it all works.

I will look into other things like dog walking or anything else there is here!

I do talk to him a little bit but he works allot and I dont want him to come home to a miserable miss everyday xD

Thank you for just... chatting with me about this. I really appreciate it :)
    Keep asking dog groomers in your area if they're available to offer you a day or a week of work experience. Look at trainers, breeders, rescue centres, vets, working for pets at home and other things.

You could also put an advert in the paper saying you'll give a half hour walk to a dog for £10 or something, then you can start expanding what you do.

Also, don't limit yourself to dogs, experience with animals is relevant.
    Yes thats true!

Hopefully I can find something and someone will give me a chance.

I really feel I am due a break, you know? haha
    Keep your head up, make a point of looking every day. Go and find out where people walk their dogs as well, it's all stuff you can do.

In the mean time, what do you do to keep yourself busy during the day?
    I don't do an awful lot during the day.

I make sure to get up, get dressed. I don't lay about.

I spend allot of the day on the internet... almost waiting for the day to be over.

Its a bit of a waste really, thinking about it!

I dont like going out of the house without a reason to go, or somewhere specific to be.
    I am going to go to my home town for a bit I think!
    Yup, absolutely, go and explore, enjoy wandering.