Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

DoU have experience of being prescribed,taking or coming off meds for mental health?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

Mind charity is working with The Times newspaper on a series of articles about medication for mental health problems.

As part of this, they want to find out more about peoples' experiences of being prescribed, taking and, where applicable, coming off medication in the past two years.

They've set up a survey to capture experiences:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JCS5JP2

If you can spare 10 to 15 minutes of your time, Mind would really appreciate your input.

It's a pretty quick one :)

Thanks all,

Fostress

Comments

• Options
    Ooo saw this on twitter and have already done it - took no time at all :)
  • Options
    Done! Any chance of a heads up when the article(s) come out
  • Options
    Done.

Smaug, this kind of research can take up to 2 years to publish depending on the depth.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Also done.
  • Options
    Ive just completed it now..
  • Options
    Is this ok for people in the US to take since meciation guidelines might be different?
  • Options
    MyName: Yes I think it's fine for people in the US to take medication, no matter where people live they may all still have reasons for needing to take medication.. I don't know much about guidelines, however I would of thought they would be simalar, people need meds for a reason, no matter where in the world you live... if this question is for yourself maybe go to talk to a doctor, about it, and if its not for you, recomend to whoever to go speak to a doctor. Hope this has helped a little
  • Options
    Thanks so much for doing this guys - I'll keep an eye out for the research - I expect it's something that, when it does come out - we'll be aware of anyway - but as you say, could be a while!
  • Options
    MyName: Yes I think it's fine for people in the US to take medication, no matter where people live they may all still have reasons for needing to take medication.. I don't know much about guidelines, however I would of thought they would be simalar, people need meds for a reason, no matter where in the world you live... if this question is for yourself maybe go to talk to a doctor, about it, and if its not for you, recomend to whoever to go speak to a doctor. Hope this has helped a little

Think MyName wanted to know if it was alright to do the survery living in the US ;)
  • Options
    Oops sorry... I totally missunderstood their question.. Sorry MyName...