Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self harm self help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im 13 and started self harming a few months ago. But i still dont see any reason to stop. But i recently considered telling a close friend. Though i later overheard her talking about a 'slitter' she knows and sounded really judgemental. So in the end i didn't. I think it will help to talk about a it with someone i know but am too ashamed to discuss it with my parents. I dont know who to turn to.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your GP???
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    lily.h.h wrote: »
    Im 13 and started self harming a few months ago. But i still dont see any reason to stop. But i recently considered telling a close friend. Though i later overheard her talking about a 'slitter' she knows and sounded really judgemental. So in the end i didn't. I think it will help to talk about a it with someone i know but am too ashamed to discuss it with my parents. I dont know who to turn to.

Hey Lily, welcome to the boards, how about starting your own thread, you are likely to get more helpful responses that way :)

Well-done on taking the first step, I agree with BB, how would you feel about reaching out to your GP? Or even arranging a appt with your school nurse.

Take care :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hey Lily, welcome to the boards, how about starting your own thread, you are likely to get more helpful responses that way :)

Good call Angel - I've moved the posts into a separate thread for you now lily :)

You say that you don't see any reason to stop lily, and maybe that's because at the moment harming is the thing that you use to help you when you're not feeling very good? It might be that it feels like having to think about other feelings or circumstances feels worse than harming? This can especially be the case if you don't feel you have anyone to talk to openly and honestly.

BB mentions going to chat with a GP, how do you feel about this option?