Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Crazy MA funding methods!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone have any fund raising (or fund finding) ideas for me to do my MA in Humanities with the OU? I'm hoping to start one of several books (this one on subcultures - specifically Industrial possibly, but I could be extending it) once I've done it and hopefully do my PhD, so I'm thinking potentially kick starter/crowd funding or asking (subculturally interested) celebrities to be benefactors? I've looked into the OUSBA and with living on benefits because I'm not well enough to work i couldn't afford to put by £50 a week!

Any ideas? People that might be able to help, funds that might be available anything?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Found this which i thought was quite funny!

I might consider the kickstarter idea, I'm just not sure what i could do as rewards... any ideas? I though one being an acknowledgement in my thesis, maybe a bound and signed copy of my thesis? A personal invite to my very own graduation party? They all sound a bit lame though :/
    I like the Kickstart idea :thumb: and those aren't bad rewards at all.

Just googled and found this site http://www.postgraduatestudentships.co.uk/ for grants and funding. Not sure if it'd be helpful?
    jobs.ac.uk might have funding pathways as well
    I spent all day yesterday looking and I didn't find anything that was viable...

One person suggested that I ask a charity to fund me in return for me to work/volunteer for them after my studies *hint hint mods*

I might also look at kickstarter a little more. Can you guys suggest any other rewards I could give? Someone suggested I offer a make over and photoshoot, but I don't think its really relevant to my MA