Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Any ideas how to make yourself look like more of a man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

I'm a good looking 20 yr old but many people including ex girlfriends have told me that I sometimes act really camp and alot of people think I'm gay. I know I'm not but it's starting to get me down.

Does anyone know of any straight manly traits that I could learn?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You mean like fart in bed, neck pints and make misogynynistic jokes about being a lad?

Why do people think you act or dress camp? I think you should be proud of good dress sense ;-)
    Buy a string vest. But not a fabulous neon green one. A Rab C. Nesbitt one.
    I am probably the last person who should give advice on this :D but here go's.
    Perhaps rather than try to pick up manly traits you need to try to identify the camp ones, once you become aware of them you might be able to modify your behaviour.
    Although to be honest i think you are probably just fine as you are, you are just being yourself, we are all a bit different to each other after all.
    If it really bothers you though maybe a trusted friend or one of your ex's could help you by pointing out the camp mannerism's.
    joking aside I'm sometimes told I'm camp because I have a nice satchel and compliment peoples shoes. I don't see it myself, but there you go.

I think Louise is right: get a trusted friend's to point things out and ask why its negative anyway. IME being a bit camp never did any harm with the ladies.
    Thanks for your help guys, I think that I should just get comfortable with being myself coz I shouldn't change myself just coz some ex gfs think I'm abit camp.
    To be honest my ex was 1/2 camp + 1/2 masculine (not that he would ever admit to that hehe) and we had the best time - he was AMAZING at shopping literally he was like "babe I think you'd look cute in that" and I'd be like hmm don't know try it on and love it, he was sensitive, cute but then masculine like protective treated me quite well but also camp he loved cleaning, cooking, ironing. He was really cool.

My dad on the other hand is your typical "geeza" and taking some of his traits like farting, hogging the TV on like war programmes; black and white movies etc.; getting his feet out; driving annoyingly; leaving the toilet seat up etc. etc. etc. are just sooo annoying since his been with his new girlfriend she's made him a little bit more "camp" like watching girlie programmes; spotting some clothes in shops and being bit more sensitive towards girls emotions and feelings and his kinda a better person.

Embrace who you are and love it i'm sick to the teeth of seeing everyone act and dress the same