Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TheSite.org Book Club Chat - Wednesday 1st August 7pm (+ Book Club news!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello folks,

Just a reminder that Book Club chat for July's book, Freakonomics, will be tomorrow night at 7pm before piccolo opens regular chat at 8pm :).

Usual place!

Also, picc and I have been discussing Book Club a fair bit lately, and we've decided that from now on all months will have their own theme! This is so that nominating is easier because of the restrictions, and it means people have a better expectation of what the book will be about.

Current themes that we've been discussing include:

- Classics
- Autobiographies/memoirs
- Horror (this will be our September read so that we can talk scary stories through October - ready for Halloween!)
- Short stories
- Coming of Age (we'll be doing this one in October to tie in with one year of Book Club!)

Any more themes you can think of would be much appreciated! Feel free to come along for the second half of Book Club chat tomorrow if you have any suggestions/comments :).

Franki
x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    For a book of short stories I highly recommend No-one belongs here more than you by Miranda July. Some of the stories are pretty bizarre but they really make you think. All the people in them are slightly odd for some reason or another and could be considered society's outsiders. I have lent it to various people and they loved it. Also it really made me think about my own life.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    For a book of short stories I highly recommend No-one belongs here more than you by Miranda July. Some of the stories are pretty bizarre but they really make you think. All the people in them are slightly odd for some reason or another and could be considered society's outsiders. I have lent it to various people and they loved it. Also it really made me think about my own life.

I have this, it's great. Really odd but memorable
  • Options
    Reminder that this is tonight!
  • Options