Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'd really appreciate it if you read this and gave me your advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well where do i begin? i'm nearly 17 years old and i've had anorexia for three years. i also have depression and severe panic attacks. It may sound silly but i'm scared of everything; going on public transport incase i stop breathing, going into town without my mum and my worst fear is death. Two of my biggest dreams have always been to go to London and be a journalist and now i have received the most amazing opportunity to go to London tomorrow and do journalism till saturday. I'm going with my dad that doesn't really understand about me and to be honest i don't know how i'll cope without my mum. i'm scared about everything; the train journey, the overnight stay incase the depression creeps up and recently not been able to sleep or breathe (due to panic attacks) worrying about going has prevented me from sleeping and eating, so what do you guys think? should i pursue my dreams and go to london tomorrow or should i just stay home?
thank you for your time

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    emmabee wrote: »
    well where do i begin? I'm nearly 17 years old and i've had anorexia for three years. I also have depression and severe panic attacks. It may sound silly but i'm scared of everything; going on public transport incase i stop breathing, going into town without my mum and my worst fear is death. Two of my biggest dreams have always been to go to london and be a journalist and now i have received the most amazing opportunity to go to london tomorrow and do journalism till saturday. I'm going with my dad that doesn't really understand about me and to be honest i don't know how i'll cope without my mum. I'm scared about everything; the train journey, the overnight stay incase the depression creeps up and recently not been able to sleep or breathe (due to panic attacks) worrying about going has prevented me from sleeping and eating, so what do you guys think? Should i pursue my dreams and go to london tomorrow or should i just stay home?
    Thank you for your time

Sorry you are having such a hard time. I think it is quite normal to be afraid of public transport when travelling alone. Have you got any breathing coping methods or do you take any medication?

I think only you can answer your question about going to london. It sounds like a great opportunity and it's bound to scare you but i think that is kinda good ;)
    If you don't go, will you regret it? This may be a chance to see what journalism is like to give you more of an insight in the carrer path you wanna follow.

I really it works out for you

BB x