Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

wanna move out and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wanna move out cuz im 16 (big unsortable issues)
i go college and stuff.
is this financially possible? im not a big spender, just wanna know how im gunna deal with rent and stuff whilst studying full time.
i'm gunna do medicine after so need to study bares and getting a part time job now, aint really an option
advice people?

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey there Chick,
    Glad you've posted :)

Sucks to hear that you feel problems are unsortable at home. It's really positive to hear you have full time college though and ambitions for the future.

It's a toughie as the law isn't too hot for 16 year-olds when it comes to independent living as you're not legally allowed to have a tenancy until you're 18.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but we have a service called askTheSite and in the archive there's a question from someone in a really similar situation which has lots of information that I hope you'll find helpful. - http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/askthesiteqandas/housingqandas/legaltomoveout

Let us know if you have any further questions and if you want to chat about any of the reasons why you've ended up in this position, then we're here to listen. :)