Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

it's started!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive managed to cope with a month of very strong urges, but last night i couldn't fight them any longer! Now it's started, i feel the need to keep doing it! i'm losing control of it now! In my head, im trying to work out the pro's and con's of doing it again, but i don't know if im in the best frame of mind to do this because ive got more pro's for self-harming than con's right now! Anyone out there who i can just chat with as a distraction, please? :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Could i ask why has this been moved? im very sorry if i have upset anyone!
  • Options
    Things like this can trigger other people to self harm. Sticking it in anything goes with an ambigious title is inappropriate.
  • Options
    All i can do is apologise!! im sorry!
  • Options
    It's ok, that's why it was moved.

How are you doing now?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Things like this can trigger other people to self harm. Sticking it in anything goes with an ambigious title is inappropriate.

:yes: don't worry silentwhisper, you haven't offended anyone. We've actually got some new self-harm guidance that we'll be posting very soon which will help people to navigate these issues more easily (hopefully!).

Essentially, the whole of TheSite isn't about self-harm, just particular parts of it, and so people need to be able to opt in and out of the conversations they feel most comfortable with - and to do this they need to be able to recognise where these conversations will be (health and wellbeing forum) and be able to tell from the title.

Does that make sense?

If you do just want to chat for distraction in anything goes, entertainment, creative etc - then that's perfectly fine, you'd just need to avoid linking it back to self-harm. :)

Do you have a creative outlet at all? Drawing, writing, making things?

Or do you have a particular creative medium that interests you? Films, music, books?

We're really keen to get to know you better.
  • Options
    Hels, I'm your favourite deputy right?
  • Options
    im still struggling lol!