Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

could this be a police matter?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been in a relationship for a year now with my boyfriend, his parents are very prctective of him because he's blind and has fits.

my boyfriend was born 25 weeks early due to a mistake with the hospital and so he's suing the hospital he's winning the case and due to win a huge amount of money.

the case has been going on for five years now, when the case first started his parents asked my boyfriend to buy a house for his sister.

my boyfriend has moved in with me due to a family argument and his parents hate it! because they think my family are after the money when were not! I love my boyfriend more than anything in this world... plus the moneys going into a trust fund so no one can touch it apart from my boyfriend.

anyway we went down today to meet his dad to get his money and other things. his dad walked upto me and my boyfriend and aske my boyfriend if he would come and sit in the car he said no.
Then he siad to me "you've really dug you're claws in now" then he said to my boyfriend "can't you see these skanks are trying to steal you're money" "there a bunch of dead legs" then becausse my boyfriend didn't go to the car his dad asked him to go over so we did.

His dad went to the car and got the envolpe with the money in and shuved it at me and said "there you go have his money you money grabbing bitch"

then he walked off still shouting aloud of abuse then because i have a eye condition i didn't see him come running up to me and he got is fist and put it right in my face and said "if you was a bloke i'd smash you're face in" my boyfriends sister had to grab him and pull him away. if she wasn't there he would of punch me in the face.

he has mental health issues and was put in a mental hospital years ago for threating to burn down my boyfriends house with everyone in it becuse he thought the govement was after him.

i was in tears and really scared, me and my boyfriend don't want him near us again because next time he could hit me. my boyfriend has a social worker knows now... should i go to the police?

my head is screwed i've never had anyone raise there hand to me before .

i don't know what to do my bf is 26 and i'm 22. please can anyone help??

thank you... custard

Comments

• Options
    Re: could this be a police matter?

Hi custard,

Thanks for posting in the help forum :)

I would say yes to some been a police matter as i can see you are been tretened and also someone is trying to take your money of you,

If you do go to the police - say that someone is herasting you and you would like them to stop contacting you, The police then will ask for some of there information like address tel number mob number, and they will call them and warn then to stop contacting you.

If they do contact you again after talking to the police you can call the police and say that they have called you again and then the police may arrest the person.

hope the above info can help you a bit

Take care

Kind regard's
    David55
  • Options
    Yes and no is the answer. Police can warn him off and say he is not to contact you again, if he does that could constitute harassment. I would just steer clear of him and it sounds like that you and your boyfriend are better off without him. :)