Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

can we live without them?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused:ive naffed up many of the relationships ive had, including family! i get so hurt! its so painful! takes me ages to trust people and it seems to be that when i get to that point of trusting, i get rejected and deverstated! i now push people away in fear of being in pain again!! life seems simplar but it can be awfully lonely!:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ever thought of getting some help with this?
    yeah!! But i don't know where to start to find help with it! its so difficult to find someone to trust!
    If you're in Hampshire in the UK, Relate offer counselling re all kind of relationship issues, including family matters. They have a branch finder on their website.

http://www.relate.org.uk/young-people-counselling/index.html

Don't be put off by the mention of costs, if you have no income, or are on a low income, they will work something out with you.

Jed
    thankyou! is it ok to use even if im not really counted as a young person anymore?
    thankyou! is it ok to use even if im not really counted as a young person anymore?

If it's an issue involving family and personal relationships then should be ok regardless of age.
    Its a tough situation because nobody wants to get hurt, so putting up a barrier and not trusting easily is a natural defence. There is nothing worse than thinking you can trust someone and finding out the hard way you cant, we've all experienced it. I dont know what people have done to you, or how serious it was.. but i guess you have to ask yourself if you are really giving them a chance? I used to be the exact same, but i realised i judged their actions and shut them off completely before even giving them a chance.
    I learnt that every situation is completely based on context and that individual, not off of another horrible experience with someone completely different. If that makes sense?
    Its a horrible situation, and opening up again when you could potentially be hurt is hard and i agree life would be so much simpler... but its not how you should have to live because of others actions.
    :confused:ive naffed up many of the relationships ive had, including family! i get so hurt! its so painful! takes me ages to trust people and it seems to be that when i get to that point of trusting, i get rejected and deverstated! i now push people away in fear of being in pain again!! life seems simplar but it can be awfully lonely!:confused:

If you don't feel comfortable going in to details then I understand but is there anything you can identify in your/their behaviour that seems to lead to this feeling of rejection?