Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Little blisters on toes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This has happened before (last summer) and I put it down to a particular pair of shoes - but my housemate didn't have a problem when she wore them so I decided to wear them again a couple of times. I've got insanely itchy toes and little tiny blisters on them too, I want to just have my feet in a bucket of ice all day!

What the hell is this and how can I sort it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like allergic reaction - which should go within a couple of days.
    Could be heat rash.

Were they synthetic shoes or did you wear them on a stuffy day?
    No they were canvas shoes, but I was wearing my boots with socks in the sun the day before. They seem to have gone down now but jeez they were itchy even more itchy than my inflamed eczema.
    If you've worn the shoes in the past with no problems, then it's unlikely to be an allergic reaction.

But if you get the same reaction whenever wearing them, then it could be an allergic reaction to a dye used; perhaps an adhesive, or maybe a chemical that's been used to make them water resistant - being the most likely of all the possibilities re allergy.

Jed
    could also be the start of athletes foot just to be aware. But it is more likely what the others say.