Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Memories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Got a box of memenerys and in that box theres was a piture of my mum.
I was in tears beause of the photo and brought me back bad memerys of my past. I got nerglected by her and my famliey and i got batted by them when i was younger and lods of other natsty thing to went on. It is reacking my life by thinking about

I would like any adive on how to deal with it or ways that i could do to take my mind of things please

I cont stop crying beause iam thinking of it to much

Please help me

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Seeing pictures off people you have loved and lost is always difficult, when my Grandfather died - I couldn't bare looking at the pictures, I had some off him ill, and some where he was okay, I got rid off the ones that he didn't look to well in, not like thrown them away - But hid them, I kept all the happy ones and behind each one I wrote a special message - Something positive about him, a reason he's happy, I know he's safe now, and send him my prayers everyday - But then it varies on what the memories are to be honest, right? It often helps discussing memories, do you have any siblings, family members, friends you feel comfortable talking to?

*hug*'s - I like the new user name :)

Take care - Stay strong!
  • Options

Thanks. To be hosist i have no good mermerys of my mum. its all horrable if u would like to read when i was little then i will

• Options
    ok. Thanks for letting us know
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

:lol: LMFAO
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You're my hero
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    zoom out! zoom out!
  • Options
    Thought this thread was going to be about boobs :crying:
  • Options
    literal lol
  • Options

Thats not going to help me with my sitursion

• Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Maybe this should be moved to another section thingy..

and I know I shouldnt laugh but my God StrubbleS :')
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Thats not going to help me with my sitursion

You're right Heather, it's not. Classic that the best response in this thread comes from one of the youngest members of the community. To those who are taking the piss, have you actually even taken the effort to read what she's had to say here? If you have and you still think it's cool to belittle this thread then you need to have a word with yourselves.

Heather, I hope you don't mind I've just changed the title so people know straight away what it's about, I'm also going to split it into paragraphs to make it a bit easier to follow and move it into the relationships section.

Well done for sharing, that must have been hard for you.

ETA: have just seen you've removed the long post you made - sorry you felt the need to do that - feel free to post again when you're feeling a little better.
  • Options
    Hi Heather

It might help for you to talk to someone who can help you with putting these difficult memories into some kind of perspective so that you can store them away again.

You can't change the past, but it is possible to change how you remember it, and also how you make sense of those memories.

My suggestion is that you contact your local branch of Relate, who work with all sorts of family problems. If you are under 18 it won't cost you anything, or if you are older and don't have much money, they will take that into account.

You can find out where their nearest branch is through the address finder on their website (top right hand corner) here's a link for it:-

http://www.relate.org.uk/young-people-counselling/index.html

Hope this is helpful to you - take care.

Jed