Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Showering with friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i want to ask if is it ok to shower with a close female friend who is married? we are close and want just a shower ( non sexual)? will she accept ? and her husband will be ok with that ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i forgot to sy that i am a male
    This thread is very old, and I think there is very little if any chance of you sharing a shower with her.
    Haha, what the fuck. :\ I can't see the date anymore so I have no idea how old this is but I wouldn't share a shower to save my life. My name does not share hot water.
    Hi there ahmedezz,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

I moved your post into a new thread, as, it was mentioned, the other one was from back in 2002 :)

There is a thin line between friendship and more so it's tricky. Considering she is married, this might be an issue for her husband. It all depends though on what kind of relationship you have and whether she feels comfortable with this?

If this is all new and there are some feelings involved perhaps this is something to discuss with her. Even if she feels happy with it, perhaps it is worth thinking of how this may look to her husband :chin:

Try and have a chat with her and see how she feels about this.

Do let us know how you get on!
    ahmedezz wrote: »
    i want to ask if is it ok to shower with a close female friend who is married? we are close and want just a shower ( non sexual)? will she accept ? and her husband will be ok with that ?

Yes. he absolutely will. Next time you are at their place, just undress und ask her to follow you up to the bathroom. Politely ask her husband to watch some telly or go for a walk in the meantime.
    why do you want to share a shower? that's just weird. shower time is my time, and like my name i don't do sharing the hot water. that's just stupid.
    question

i want to ask if is it ok if i shower with my married sister ? is it ok if i soap her hair , her breasts, her public hair and her butt and she soaps my back and my penis? i am a male i am 31 she is 30. does anyone have an experience like that ?
    That's weird.
    is it ok if i soap her public hair

Yes. It's the private hair you need to watch out for.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    i want to ask if is it ok if i shower with my married sister ? is it ok if i soap her hair , her breasts, her public hair and her butt and she soaps my back and my penis? i am a male i am 31 she is 30. does anyone have an experience like that ?

Based on the level of detail you've provided here and the way you've written your post - it sounds like you're looking for a reaction from the community more than actual advice.:chin:

However If you are genuinely unsure about boundaries between yourself and other women when it comes to intimate contact then here are some questions for you to consider:

1. Why do you want to shower with your sister and or women who have husbands?

2. Is this pratice usual in your family or wider culture?

3. Is it really non-sexual? if yes, then why have you posted in the sex forum? The fact you've asked this question suggests you have a sense it's possibly not appropriate or OK.
    thank you helen for your comment but i want you to answer my questions: is that ok or no? do you have an experience like that?
    thank you helen for your comment but i want you to answer my questions: is that ok or no? do you have an experience like that?

That's a very personal and private question to ask and it's not appropriate to push people for an answer.

Whether it is ok or not depends on a lot of factors, and as Helen has rightly said, the fact that you're even asking suggests that you think that at least other people will consider it to be not-ok.
    hi frankipanda
    why it is not appropriate for wanting an answer , it is normal in this site or any other site to ask members about their opinion or to share experience if they want that
    hi frankipanda
    why it is not appropriate for wanting an answer , it is normal in this site or any other site to ask members about their opinion or to share experience if they want that

Pushing people to answer a very private question about personal experiences is both rude and inappropriate because people shouldn't feel pressured to share things like that, particularly on a forum like this one.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

I can't speak for everyone, but to my knowledge, the practice you've described isn't really OK in the UK. If we're talking about experiences, then people tend to shower with their siblings when they are children only and even then, some people might prefer not to put boys with girls - but it really depends on the family and circumstances.

In terms of showering with an adult friend of the opposite sex, I think it's fair to say it's rare to happen.

I hope that helps.

Think about the questions I've posed to you - they are relevant.
    Hi Helen , thanks for your answers , about your questions i want to say that i am sure that some people find those things weird and not appropriate but i think other people maybe find it normal or ok that is why i am asking those questions to know the opinions of many guys and members especially in UK because i like the british people very much and i want to know is that ok in Uk or not and you said it is not normal
    thank you
    Most people in the UK would likely find the things you have mentioned to be "not ok". You may find some exceptions in fringe groups such as swingers, or in the case of the sister, somewhat oddly incestuous family groups. Asking to foam someone up in the shower who is already traditionally attached to someone else, would mostly be frowned upon.
    in my opinion , i find that there is no problem with being naked infront of my married sister or my sister being naked infront of me i enjoy being naked we are brother and sister we have the same blood there is no shame and nothing sexual , so taking a shower together is a good thing , i love it because i like the intimacy that a shower provided between brother and sister and i think it will make our relation stronger , so what is your opinion?
    What does your sister think of this? I think it would make your relationship weirder rather than stronger.
    Is this about religious beliefs too?
    hi Helen , i want to ask you : do you have a brother? is the answer is yes if he ask you to take a shower together you will accept? and your husband will be ok with that?
    I very much doubt that anyone on here would share a shower with a sibling.
    hi G-raffe
    believe me that the intimacy between brother and sister is a very good thing
    i have red about sisters and brothers who shower together, sleep nude together sometimes , shaving each other public hair . believe me this is not sexual at all just enjoy the intimacy that showering together provided or sleeping together in the same bed provided.
    Where did you read this as it is something I have never heard of before.
    i have red this in yahoo answers and the site of is it normal?
    Hi G-raffe i have red that there is other brothers and sisters that shower together and soap each other body so i don't mind do it but what is your opinion
    One item in yahoo answers, and on thesite where people come to talk about their issues? I would hardly say it is widespread.

I dont like the idea of it, it disgusts me.
    i have red about a girl who is 16 years old and her father bathes her and shave her public hair
    Isn't that verging on child abuse?
    no it is not a child abuse it is an intimacy between a father and his daughter that many people doesn't understand it this father bathes his daugther because of the closness between eachother i hope every father do that with his daughter
This discussion has been closed.