Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Studying draining energy... WHY? ... How to stop feeling tired.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When im studying at time i fell so tired. but when i change from studying to something else i stop feeling tired.

Comments

• Options
    There is some useful advice on how to manage your studies here:-

http://www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/

Feeling tired in the way that you describe could be a psychological reaction to studying, maybe you feel overwhelmed at the thought of it, or perhaps it just seems BORING?

So maybe you need to reconcile yourself to the fact that you need to study in order to reach your long term goals?

Try to study at a time of day when you are the most alert and energised.

Avoid making the sessions too long - an hour at a time is usually recommended. If you need to study for longer, then take a break between sessions. Keep a drink to hand so that you can sip while studying. Maybe some nibbles too, if it helps ;)

If you start to feel tired, remind yourself that once your study period is over you can get on with other things.

Try using coloured pens to jazz up and structure your notes.

I used to use small diagrams as a way of illustrating concepts, and I found this more effective and easier to do than writing out pages of notes on the issue.

When revising, try and involve other people - talking about your subjects will help your brain to organise and store information in a logical order that should be easier to retrieve than cramming in information wholesale.

If it all gets a bit much, then make good use of any tutor support that you may have.

Hope this helps :wave:

Jed
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    I had the same sort of thing with my recent exams. Have a day off, really. Sounds bad, especially if it is close t your exam but do it, it will be worth it because otherwise you will shut down completely in the exam. I was walking around like a zombie for days before my history exam, writing three essays every day, and I felt so miserable. I couldn't even sleep either. Take a day off. The next day have less intensive revision-maaybe an alternate technique to normal. Treat yourself too, eat all the chocolate you like, you deserve it. Hope things get better for you! Hope the exams go well
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice really helped and i will take on board what you have said.