Home Health & Wellbeing
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Free Wednesday evening? Come along to our safeguarding co-design session from 6-7:30PM. sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I cant cope anymore...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my dad is an alcoholic and the last few months his drinking has got worse. He started getting violent towards me and he hit me, he was that drunk when he done it hee didn't realise what he had done, so when I told my mum and she confronted him he thought I was making it up and he through me out. Since then I've hit rock bottom, I've started self harming again and hearing voices. It's getting to the point were I don't even won't be alive anymore, the only think stopping me is my boyfriend. Sorry for the rant I just need somewhere to vent, I just don't know what to do or if I can cope anymore.

Ally :)


  • LauraOLauraO ********* Posts: 535 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hey Ally :wave:

    It sounds as though things aren't going very well for you at the moment *hug* You're more than welcome to rant here, we are here to listen and writing everything down can really help too.

    You mentioned that your Dad has become increasingly violent recently due to alcoholism. Living with someone who drinks can be very hard as their behavior can be very unpredictable. Firstly, talking to your Mum about it was a great first step but unfortunately your Dad doesn't seem to remember being violent. Have you or your Mum ever spoken to your Dad before about his drinking? He may not realise how he acts when he drinks, and you may be able to encourage him to get some support. If you don't feel able to talk to your Mum or Dad at this stage have you thought about speaking to someone else? Drinkline is the national helpline for people who are worried about someone's drinking (0800 917 8282) and maybe worth calling if you feel like talking would help.

    You also mentioned that because of this your Dad has thrown you out, where are you living at the moment? We have a home section on TheSite which has good information to help you if you're looking for accommodation. Hopefully you already have somewhere to stay that you are happy with.

    It also sounds as though the situation with your Dad and moving out has caused you to turn to self harm again, and that you have started hearing voices. Have you spoken to anyone about this? You mentioned your boyfriend who is supporting you at the moment, could you talk these things through with him? We also have a section on TheSite about self harm which you may or may not have seen before which is worth checking out.

    It is a good idea to consider seeing your GP about self harm and hearing voices. Do you feel able to see your doctor? If you would rather talk to someone confidentially first and would rather speak to someone about everything at once then the Samaritans might be a good starting point. Their number is 08457 90 90 90 and you can talk about anything 24/7 in confidence.

    Please let us know how your getting on and hope things start looking up for you, hugs *hug*

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi :)

    Thanks for replying. I'm staying with my boyfriend at the minute, all my family want nothing to do with me apart from my mum but she lives miles away from me.

    Everyone has talked to my dad about his drinking, but he just doesn't care. He's been in and out of hospital because of it and even being told by the doctors to stop before its too late won't stop him. He's been offered help but he just refuses it. He's in denial and won't admit he drinks or has a problem. I think I might call the drinkline, I might feel better after speaking to someone.

    I haven't been to the doctors to tell them about how I'm feeling, I think I'm just scared really "/ I've spoken to my boyfriend about everything which has helped me a bit. I'm just so close to giving up on life "/

    Ally :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Ally

    The symptoms you have experienced are probably due to stress, which is something your GP should be able to help you with.

    It's good that you have your bf to talk to.

    I suggest you contact your local branch of Al-anon, who will understand all that you are currently going through.


    The people at Al-anon will support and guide you through this very difficult time in your life.

    I hope things pick up for you soon.

    Take care of yourself.

    Jed :wave:
Sign In or Register to comment.