Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is your favourite book?

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just being nosy, and would like to know people a little better so.....
What is your favourite book, or your top favourites? If you like, maybe you could add a reason too. I know I'm not the only bookworm here!:heart:
My favourite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I like it becuase of its brave, brilliant heroine and its beautiful love story. I like the way it challenges the view of women also.
My other favourites are 'The Great Gatsby', 'Wuthering Heights', 'On the Road' and 'On Chesil Beach. I love Austens 'Emma' and 'Pride and Prejudice' too.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Persuasion by Jane Austen.

Then Watership Down. Love love love.
  • Options
    My favourite book currently is Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. When he gets it right he gets it really right. Unfortunately, he doesn't always get it right and some of his books are a chore.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    When he gets it right he gets it really right. Unfortunately, he doesn't always get it right and some of his books are a chore.

I have the same sorta thing with some of Ian McEwans novels-they are brilliant or just fall flat for me.
  • Options
    I have the same sorta thing with some of Ian McEwans novels-they are brilliant or just fall flat for me.

I've tried to read The Satanic Verses a few times but the language is impenetrably wanky.
  • Options
    the first two that spring to mind is 'the time traveller's wife' by audrey niffenegger and catcher in the rye by jd salinger