Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't have too many friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm going to use this site as a way to express myself because I haven't got anyone to tell my problems
Since I was a child I had problems making friends maybe it's due to the fact that I'm shy maybe but right now that I am in my teenage years it is making me feel really bad specially because right now I'm studying abroad far away from my country and well let's say it englad is not such a friendly country
Also I have such a low self image of myself I think of myself like a boring person that is not worth of love and respect
And yes i am pretty but it does not hange anything at all it just make me even more depressed

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Poirot Daphne,

I was the same as you as a teenager. I really struggled to make friends. But as I got older I got better at talking to people, and made a lot of good friends. It does come with time. There are ways you can improve it yourself though. Maybe set little challenges. Like every day, you have to say hello to three people you don't know. You don't have to say anything else. Just a smile and a 'hi'. Even keep a diary of your efforts!

Other things you can are to join some clubs, then you can focus on your interest but at the same time get to know other people.

Let us know how you get on. :) It does get better!!
  • Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi Poirotdaphe and welcome to TheSite :wave:

I'm sorry to hear you're not having a great time in England. ShyBoy is right, these things take time and I'm sure you'll feel more settled soon. In the meantime, TheSite is always here if you need a friend. *hug*

It sounds like you're giving yourself a hard time at the moment and that may be affecting your confidence - and, in turn, how you approach people and make friends.

Reading these articles - Low self-esteeem and building self-esteem may be able to give you some pointers.

Feel free to keep posting.

Holly