Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Survey about abortion education in schools

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

Education for Choice (who have recently have moved in with Brook and FPA upstairs from YouthNet Towers) are doing some research about education on abortion in schools.

They'd really appreciate anyone who wanted to fill in this quick survey about what you were taught about abortion at school. It doesn't ask about your own experiences or anything like that, it's just to find out a bit more about how (or if) your school taught it.

Comments

• Options
    Our teacher edited together lots of clips from Eastenders from when Bianca and Ricky decided to abort her pregnancy as the baby would be disabled. Then we had a discussion. Then I had to write a short essay about it. This was in about 1998 and I still remember it.
  • Options
    We never got taught about abortion but we did about sex education. Personally I do think aborting a baby is wrong even if you don't want it and I get disgusted when someone aborts because they don't want it. People have told me that putting the baby up for adoption can be wrong because it could end up with horrible parents but a babies birth parents can also be evil so it doesn't make it any better. Get me? Okay I took the survey. Will this survey and research help future education in abortion? I hope it does.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Our teacher edited together lots of clips from Eastenders from when Bianca and Ricky decided to abort her pregnancy as the baby would be disabled. Then we had a discussion. Then I had to write a short essay about it. This was in about 1998 and I still remember it.

Aaah coolio! :3 Yes Eastenders was really good back then! :D I loved the past actors.
  • Options
    Sorry for double post.
  • Options
    I honestly can't remember. I know a bit, but not sure if it was down to school, or more magazines and talking to friends about "what if..." situations.
  • Options
    I dont remember being taught anything about abortion at school