Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

these panic attacks are killing me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help! I completely freak out and have huge panic attacks when i see men from the army, down the street i feel cornered and trapped when i see them and i can't find a good distraction to stop the panic!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have any bad experiences with men from the army Charlie? Or is it something else.

There are two things you need to think about here. The first is the panic attack itself, understanding what a panic attack is and learning techniques to deal with that and reduce the intensity.

The second thing to think about is what is triggering these panic attacks. The army men, what else? Is it crowds, is it uniformed people, is it men? Understanding your own anxieties and how they're affecting you can empower you to start to take control of the situation - you will understand what worries you and how you can take preventative measures from it escalating to a full blown panic attack, and also just having control of situations knowing where the sources of anxiety are.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes I've had bad experiences with them, now they frighten me, its the uniform that sets me off but i can't be alone with any men without panicing i struggle in social areas and find i isolate myself a lot which i know isn't healthy