Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A little health related rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I pushed myself too far last week, I had some really good opportunities last week so I took them up and I'm really badly paying the price for it today. I'm in so much pain, as soon as i sit down I'm nodding off to sleep, I'm a bag a nerves to the point I'm shaking and I can't think straight to the point I can't work out what I need to do in order to do anything today.

As a result of getting referred to the pain clinic they have sent the referral straight back saying I need to be referred to the regional centre for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, which is good because maybe it means I'm getting somewhere with some effective treatment and diagnosis, but its a 40 min drive away and if I don't have someone to drive me really difficult to get to on public transport. Plus £20 in petrol (more if I use public transport) which I don't have to spend on a regular basis. I've had huge bills come through (water bill of £240 and elec bill of £180), which I don't have the money to pay right now, mainly because I'm waiting for other people to pay me for their shares of rent and such (because all the bills are in my name). The house is falling to pieces and my mum is being a pain in the neck (she keeps on going on about how she doesn't want to live the way me and my housemate live and her ME is making life easy. I'm like a human verbal punchbag for her though, she keeps having a go and then saying sorry but she keeps doing it). My housemate is verging on suicidal again, I saw what I think might have been a suicide note by her bed this morning. We've been trying to get her an appointment with the GP (which is next week now) and sort out some counselling for her locally (the last lot of people we organised for her to see basically cancelled on her and said she'd have to register with them) and its all been really difficult. I feel like I'm just keeping her away from the edge but its so sodding difficult.

I'm still not getting any mental health support, I have an appointment with the CPN this week but theres fuck all she can do and she's pretty patronising too. I've started smoking again which I know is bringing back my asthma but it feels like the only coping strategy I've got left if I don't obessessively pick at myself. Looking after myself is coming very last not out of choice but because I don't know what else to do. I get no time for me after everything thats going on and then I end up like this, in an absolute state. I'm still having weekly counselling sessions but even getting there (40 mins on public transport each way) is a huge challenge.

I know I need to write up back up plans for what to do when I have a really bad day/week but even having the energy to do that is difficult.

I'm not sure if there is anything anyone can do to help, if you can think of something please let me know, but I just needed to get that all out.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're on income based benefits, you might be able to claim back the costs. But it's only the cheapest form of transport.
    Didn't realise. Still not going mot make it easier to get there but might take the financial pain away
    Miss_Riot wrote: »

I'm still not getting any mental health support, I have an appointment with the CPN this week but theres fuck all she can do and she's pretty patronising too.

What support are you after from the mental health team? Why can't the CPN do anything?

As for your housemate, as i've read from your other posts, there is only so much you can do. sounds harsh but you have your own issues and it sounds like her problems are affecting you.
    Support from mental health team = none

I've already waited 4 months now for psychotherapy, and they aren't interested in doing anything else with me. The CPN will tell me to go read a book and basically just checks to see if people need hospitalisation and that's it. I need to do a new WRAP plan but she won't do that with me. I have a support worker from rethink but she suffers from serious physical health issues and I hardly get to see her.

Both my mum's and my housemates issues affect me, i don't think either of them realise just quite how much. I'm just trying to get by but neither of them see the effect they have
    Support from mental health team = none

I've already waited 4 months now for psychotherapy, and they aren't interested in doing anything else with me. The CPN will tell me to go read a book and basically just checks to see if people need hospitalisation and that's it.

Well a CPN should be there when needed. In my honest opinion they are probably letting you get on with it as they deem you to be coping reasonably well- this is just my assuption.
    You need to call your CPN and tell them everything. Sometimes if you don't ask, you don't get.

What support would you like?

Are you with adult services?
    Problem is she's not my CPN she's just the CPN for the area, and the community mental health team won't take me on because I'be not been hospitalised and I'm not likely to be.

I'm not known to adult services, and all I really want is some therapeutic input in whatever form they think I need. I don't really know if there's anything else they can do for me
    Problem is she's not my CPN she's just the CPN for the area, and the community mental health team won't take me on because I'be not been hospitalised and I'm not likely to be.

I'm not known to adult services, and all I really want is some therapeutic input in whatever form they think I need. I don't really know if there's anything else they can do for me

Sounds like you should contact your GP then. Therapy should be available without needing to be in contact with the mental health team.

Are you taking any psychiatic medication?
    Yeah but the primary service said that I'm too complex a case for them to deal with and referred me on to secondary services. I don't need to be in contact with her, I just have been out back in contact with her because my anxiety when through the roof and I'm still on the waiting list for therapy.

Yeah I've been put on a low dose of venlafaxine and I'm on a reasonable dose of pregablin (mainly for pain but also for anxiety)
    I had a really bad day today - my knees started buckling under me, I felt sick, everything started spinning, was in so much pain and Felt like I was going to pass out. Got taken to the GP and he sent me home with codeine and anti-emetics. Sent home from college which means I have no practice before an assessment next week. I just hope this referral comes through soon, I'm really falling apart.
    Yeah but the primary service said that I'm too complex a case for them to deal with and referred me on to secondary services. I don't need to be in contact with her, I just have been out back in contact with her because my anxiety

I'm not sure what service and support you're after then?
    well i didn't want to be put in contact with her because its a waste of time seeing her, but its almost like a secret about what services there might be available to me. Being referred to secondary services and seeing the CPN are unrelated.
    I'm in a lot of pain today, I have been on and off for the past few days - again I've been pushing myself but I'm fed up of everyone thinking I'm lazy. My mother even said she think I used pain as an excuse to be lazy. I do my best but I'm do sick and tired of it and no one seems to understand. Still no referral letter though :(