Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Need help and advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm Hope, 41 and on the 10th of April I took an overdose of painkillers. I have 3 beautiful daughters and my first grandchild due soon but on that day I didn't want to live anymore.
I'm on antidepressants and getting counselling but I still have days when I get so low and just sit and cry and I fear I will try it again. I don't want to die but at the same time I don't want to live. I'm so confused and exhausted, my head just hurts with not knowing what to do.
I'm still deciding how to tell my parents what I did. I have a very close family and have told my sister, brother, sister in law and my friends but I just don't know what to say to them.
Do I tell them or not? :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Hope

Sent a private message, take care.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Hope, welcome to TheSite.org :wave:

You may not have realised but this community it aimed at 16-25 year olds, just more for your own info than anything else. Of course we are always willing to listen and offer support to anyone that might be in need *hug* It certainly sounds like you've had a lot to cope with but it's great to hear you are getting some support as well, some days are going to be harder than others but as your name suggests, there is always hope and things can get better.

You may also want to have a look at the mental health charity Sane's website, they have forums offering a similar safe environement to talk about what's on your mind and to receive support online.

For now I'm going to move your post into our Health forum as you are likely to get some more replies there and you will find others have gone through similar experiences too. You say you've already confided in your siblings and friends, what is it about telling your parents that might be different do you think?

This article about confiding in someone dealing with people's reactions, might be worth a read: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/confidinginsomeone

Big hugs and do keep posting :heart: