Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help!!:'(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, Not posted on here in a while. I am having a tough time at the moment. Ive not been sleeping well, nightmares. In october i was in hospital after taking an overdose, I never really dealt with it at the time and i think thats really affecting me now. I have been having like bad thoughts, and stuff. I can't deal with things anymore, I just wish things were simple. Its stressing me out i cant cope anymore.
I dont know what i am best doing for the best, to move on from this, I have also taken few more overdoses since october, but again Im not to sure if thats cause i never dealt with it at the time it happened in october. I just dont think anyone understands me. And i can't cope anymore I am running out of energy slowly. Since ive hardly been sleeping..

Sorry about the long post.

Claire

xx

Comments

• Options
    Oh ClaireS *hug*

so sorry to hear you've been struggling, it's a vicious circle when you're not sleeping you're going to feel worse, the worse you feel and the more active your mind the less you sleep!

When you've been to hospital did they offer you any support? are you linked in with any services at the moment or have you even spoken to anyone about the way you're feeling?

dp :heart:
  • Options
    HI dp..
    When I was in hospital I had to talk to a physcriatrist. I've not really spoke to anyone about how I feel. Took a lot of courage to type a post on here. I don't really know what to do for the best.

C
  • Options
    Hey ClaireS

Good advice from DP above.

It's true, being able to write down how your feeling is a brave first step and it shows your moving in the right direction in asking for help to cope with how you've been feeling. :thumb:

Have you previously checked the section on TheSite about 'confiding in someone'? It gives great advice on how to build up the courage to speak to someone, the best person to speak to and how to deal with their reactions. It's a great resource and might be of some help. Check out the link below...

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/confidinginsomeone

If your looking for some services in your own community or close to home it could be worthwhile also checking out the Local Advice Finder here on the site which will let you know of services and organisations in your area that might be able to offer some support or more advice. The link for that is below.

http://www.thesite.org/community/localadvicefinder

Check both of those out and let us know how you get on.

Remember, keep posting here too. There's always someone here on TheSite that will listen, even if you just want to vent. :)

Phil :thumb: