Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

a game of 'driftwood'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead: my life has never been good on the side of friends. i have 3 friends at the moment. is it possible to feel even more lonely?
The most thing about my predicament is 1) i am slowly drifting away from my bff to try and get into the 'cool crowd' and 2) soon i'll be going to a secondary school where NO ONE FROM MY SCHOOL IS GOING.
Should i let myself drift away from her? any tips on being more popular?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :banghead: my life has never been good on the side of friends. i have 3 friends at the moment. is it possible to feel even more lonely?
    The most thing about my predicament is 1) i am slowly drifting away from my bff to try and get into the 'cool crowd' and 2) soon i'll be going to a secondary school where NO ONE FROM MY SCHOOL IS GOING.
    Should i let myself drift away from her? any tips on being more popular?

You don't need a lot of friends to not feel lonely. Many people will tell you that the most lonely you will ever feel is while being in a relationship with someone you do not love.

Neglecting your best friend to be part of a "cool crowd" is not only a pretty asshole-ish thing to do, it is also a sure fire way to increase your loneliness.

I didn't change school, but I was the only guy in my class who took spanish (instead of french), back in my school day, which meant I got into a whole new class. I made a lot of new friends that way.

I wasn't part of the coolest crowd in school, but I realize now, that I am surrounded by very cool people, and the cool people from school are nowadays losers.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ik what you mean, but for me the 'cool–er crowd' looks as if it's inviting me in, but not my bff. i want and mentally need more friends..