Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

desperate to get my natural hair back? help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my hair is just a mess and my original hair is brown, and several month ago, I dyed my hair blond, but i fond the color looks aweful on me, it's actually making me dye it a natural colour again. cause my overreacting my hair became dry, frizzy, even starts shedding, help my hair??????

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey arroy,
    Sorry to hear you don't like your hair colour :(

What kind of blonde is it?

Also...what hair products (shampoo, conditioner etc) are you using at the moment?

It might be best to go darker again gradually to save your hairs condition but going from blonde to brown is usually easier than vice-versa. Probably best to get some professional input if you can?
  • Options
    arroy wrote: »
    my hair is just a mess and my original hair is brown, and several month ago, I dyed my hair blond, but i fond the color looks aweful on me, it's actually making me dye it a natural colour again. cause my overreacting my hair became dry, frizzy, even starts shedding, help my hair??????

Won't happen, I'm afraid.

Deep conditioning treatments and TLC will help with the condition - as well as a trip to the hairdressers - but if it's very badly damaged you may have to cut your losses.

And stop dying over it! That will just make it worse.

Best I can suggest if you don't like the blonde is to get a really, really dark brown and dye it using that, which will then fade (after a couple of weeks) to a shade close enough to stop the roots looking bad. If the damage is as bad as mine was when I did something similar (blonde over red = worst plan EVER), then the worst of it will have to be cut off. Otherwise you will end up with a mullet. Trust me.
  • Options
    your safest option is to really look after your hair before colouring it again. I know thats not what you want but colouring it again will only make the frizziness, etc get worse.

It's worth trying a proffesional haircare range. I use Redken- which you can buy from hair salons or good online stores.
    http://www.redken.co.uk/_en/_gb/home/index.aspx

It's pescriptive, a bit pricey but well worth it. Also as its concentrated you only need little amounts. You need to give your hair a mixture of protien and moisture. It's very normal for your hair to shed, everyones hair does this.

If you use any heat on your hair remember to use a heat protector. Serum will also help combat frizziness and make your finished style smooth.

As **Helen** says, getting professional imput would be a great idea. Keep getting your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks.

good luck!