Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marmite Mixtures, What do you have with Marmite? do you like it or hate it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.

This started as a throw away comment between Helen and myself, but think maybe it's a good time to throw open the doors and lets share our loves and hates about Marmite.

Interesting fact about Marmite, it contains a lot of Vitamin B12, therefore it has great mood and memory increasing properties.........

Personally, I love it, my favourite mixes are Warm Boiled Egg and Marmite sandwich, (don't knock it til u tried it) Great filling comfort food.

Second mixture has to come the mixture of Spread Cheese and Marmite.

Don't think Helen will mind me passing on her mixed Marmite fav, which she told me is Cheese and Marmite Toastie.

Any other concoctions out there we can mix it up with.

I did have a friend who like banana and marmite, (not been brave enough to try that yet) However depending on how well this strikes a cord with everyone, I may well open house to my friends and have a Marmite Mixture lunch, try out some of the ideas that come in.

Take care one and all :naughty::yum:

Comments

• Options
    Marmite and cheese on toast! :D
  • Options
    just read the One Eye on the Unknown link, very resounding of these times we 'live' in.
  • Options
    Ah thank you! I'm really enjoying writing the blog, its quite carthartic!
  • Options
    I got some Marmite chocolate the other day, its proper Marmite chocolate made by Marmite... It's bloody horrible lol
  • Options
    The marmite cashews were good!
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Marmite and cheese. Usually the monthly craving. Sad moment when you're eating marmite and cheese by yourself at two in the morning lol
    It's good on toast too. Btw, heard alot about the good stuff in marmite, it's good for mood and memory, I think it might be something to do with zinc, it said once on QI.
  • Options
    Hey snugglebubbles, Thanks for the warning. and the laugh!
  • Options
    I quite like peanut butter and marmite.

I don't like marmite and jam.

I was really disappointed that the Innocent Marmite smoothie was a joke. (Not really)
  • Options
    Marmite toast under scrambled eggs makes them more interesting. I know it's not on topic but that works with nutella too.
  • Options
    Ohh I am going to try those, scrambled egg with marmite and peanut butter with marmite, I was considering trying marmite and salad cream just cause thats what i have in the fridge! will let you know how i get on!!!!!