Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Charity orginisations in Scotland

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused:After countless hours online contacting diffrent charity orginisation realised most are only a registered charity in England.Any Scottish charity orginisation I could contact that would help me in becoming a voulentry worker would be helpful thankyou :d

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try your libraries for information

Hi,

You could ask at your library, they often hold lots of information about local charities.

Or your local authority maybe able to point you in the right direction, especially the childrens social service teams will be aware of organisations who support children in need.

Or maybe speak with some of the bigger National Charities who work with kids.

Have you read the Early Years and Early Intervention Strategy: which is a statement involving all childrens services from statatory to voluntary services. think it was published in 2008.

have a look at a charity organisation called Children 1st it is a scottish charity and their web page has a volunteer section. http://www.children1st.org.uk/ Think this maybe the link to them.

Hope that helps a little MillieMollie

Thankyou for your reply to my post ! regards :crazyeyes
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hiya doylechill,
    Some good suggestions from milliemollie here. :)

Have you tried Young Scot? They are are Scottish youth information service for 11-25 year-olds and have plenty of info and support with volunteering.

Also TheSite.org's sister website Do-it.org.uk is UK wide and so will have some opportunities in Scotland. All you have to do is put in your postcode into the search bar and you'll find out if anything's available.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :thumb: