Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TheSite.org Book Club Tonight (Wed 7-8pm)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi folks!

So after a little discussion with Helen and piccolo, it is time for me to make my special super duper announcement for Book Club.

...we're getting a chat!

To get to the book club chat go to this page at 7pm. :)

Yay exciting!

We came to the conclusion that after some lacklustre responses to the discussion threads (partly my bad, admittedly!), perhaps a chat would be a good way to go to get people talking about the books we've been reading.

The first chat will be on Wednesday, April 11th at 7pm, for one hour until regular chat hosted by piccolo. She and I will be taking care of Book Club chat, so if you have any problems with anything, let either of us (or Helen) know.

It's going to be a trial for a couple of months or so to see how we get on, and they will be every second Wednesday of the month, at the same time, right before picc's chat sessions. Because of how late in the month this is, I will still be posting a discussion thread right at the beginning of the month for everyone to get their ideas down and as a way to start the discussion rolling - particularly in the first couple of months where there may not be many people in chat!

That's not to say, of course, that only those who have read that month's book are welcome to come along. While it is a Book Club chat, we will be spending the first half hour or so chatting about the discussion book, and then the rest of the chat will be for talking about other books we're reading and loving, how we're finding the current read, and ideally it would be an awesome way to promote your nomination for next month.

We want to try and make it as inclusive as possible, but please remember that this is a special, additional chat rather than a normal chat so we'd like it if everyone could please stay on topic :)

I think that's it for now - any queries, chuck 'em at me!

Hope everybody is enjoying Snuff! I've just ordered my copy of next month's book, too, and looking forward to that :D.

Franki x

P.S. Helen - is it ok if I post this in AG, too, to drum up some extra interest :flirt:?

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

P.S. Helen - is it ok if I post this in AG, too, to drum up some extra interest :flirt:?

Hey Franki, I'd say keep it in here for now and then let's move the thread over to AG closer to the time... :)
  • Options
    Sounds like a good idea :) I just have a silly little question, forgive me I am an amateur! This book that we have just nominated (can't remember the name but was for april) how long do we get to read the book and when do you do the discussion thingymajig?
    I don't have a Kindle but decided to give the book club a go anyway, want to read more good books!
  • Options
    We'll put the first thread up for The Fault in Our Stars in the beginning of May (so that gives you 5-and-a-bit weeks) but then a lot of discussion (hopefully!!) will happen in chat as well on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
  • Options
    Ahh that makes sense thanks! Will get reading asap :d
  • Options
    *bump*

This is happening tomorrow night - Wed 11th at 7pm :thumb:
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    *bump*

This is happening tomorrow night - Wed 11th at 7pm :thumb:

I was just coming to do this :o
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Toooooonight. :thumb:
  • Options
    I won't be around for this one, but hopefully the next! Already read (well listened to) this month's book!
  • Options
    I won't be around for this one, but hopefully the next! Already read (well listened to) this month's book!

Aww that's a shame :(. I am yet to start this month's book - argh! - it's on my To Do list for this week :)
  • Options

I had it as an audiobook, too, it's great.
  • Options
    Yeah used my one free audiobook on Audible to download it... then cancelled my subscription. Woo free stuff :lol:
  • Options
    Yeah used my one free audiobook on Audible to download it... then cancelled my subscription. Woo free stuff :lol:

She's a really good reader. Somewhat off topic I have started to refer to my church as "the literal heart of Jesus".
  • Options
  • Options
    Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for coming! The next chat will be May 9th (Helen - can you change that if I'm wrong :o ) and we'll be discussing The Fault in Our Stars before moving on to a general bookworm chat :)
  • Options
    Ahh - didn't end up making it last night as had unexpected dinner guests - will be there next time! :)
  • Options
    L1ttleOne wrote: »
    Ahh - didn't end up making it last night as had unexpected dinner guests - will be there next time! :)

I asked for a transcript/summary from last night because I was late too...