Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I haven't posted in a long time;

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's been ages since I've posted on here as I am glad to say I've been really busy.
2011 was a really hard year for me as I went through a long personal and mental journey. What I have come to realise has changed my life.

I went through the feeling of abandonment, fought my way through depression and brought my sister out too. I didn't leave my house for 7 months becaused I suffered from social anxiety attacks and I nearly killed myself.
But here I am today.
I am now eating a normal diet and sleeping better, I got to college every day and I have made amazing friends on the way. I was get depressed because my mom left one day. Packed up and left. But my relationship with her is strong now.

I still have my down days. The days where I feel like I can't breath because my chest is so tight. I still have the earge to s/h every one in a while but not once have I done it. I still find it hard to be around people but my friends are patient with me and they are helping me through it. Some days, everything feels right while some days it feels like it never will be. But I am so proud of myself! I never thought I could beat depression twice because the first time nearly killed me but even thought I lost my faith in god near the end.. I never gave up. I never want my family to have to say they lost a member of the family. I never wanted to cause them that much pain and that is what kept my hope going.

You never know how strong you are untill being strong is all you have and I've realised that the journey is the destination.

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey NeverEndingFall,
    Really lovely to hear from you and too right you should feel proud of how far you've come... :)

Just wondering if you have any tips for others on maintaining day-to-day wellbeing?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nice to hear a 'success' story. Glad you are doing well :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you :)
    My family was the reason I held on and I guess deep down, I knew that it wasn't always going to be like that. One day it was going to change, let it be fate, luck, yourself.. its going to get better one day. Just don't give up hope.