Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Infatuated. A curse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel quite alone at the moment.
There is this guy who just seems to have gotten under my skin. Badly.

He showed interest for quite a while but now he seems uninterested after I met him a week ago. And I just find myself utterly beguiled by him. I asked him if he wanted to do something again and got no response at all.

It's laying on my mind quite badly now and I dont know what to do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    get on with life, i guess?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Mylo _B :wave:

New relationships should ideally feel natural and exciting as opposed to beguiling and frustrating although we've all got caught up in situations just like yours i'm sure. It's hard to read people we don't know that well and it can be difficult to know where exactly you stand. If you're not getting much back from this guy then distracting yourself with other things should help to take your mind off him.

Taking the control back can really help - make plans with other friends and try to keep busy. If you're waiting for someone to text for example, turn your phone off for a few hours and watch a film or go out for a walk. It can help to break the cycle, infatuation can be really consuming. Do you have many people around you that you can chat to?

The chat room here on TheSite is open four nights a week and as a first step that would be a great distraction, everyone is really friendly and willing to chat and listen to anything that might be on your mind. You can find out more info here: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

This article on coping with a crush might be useful to read too: http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/singles/dealingwithdates/copingwithacrush

Hope that helps a bit, let us know how you're getting on :)