Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please help :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I suffer with anxiety and OCD and really need to see this logically which I am unable to process alone. *It is causing me a lot of concern.

I was driving down a road near home and have my music on, we (cars in front) had stopped at red lights...I suddenly notice cars in front had moved to the left a bit. Look behind me and there's an ambulance wanting to pass me. Oh god...I hadnt checked mirrors so didn't know it was there...and had music on so didn't hear (tho think it was lights only...not sure!!!). I could even have been not looking in front (fiddling with phone or CD player*and only noticed AFTER the cars in front had moved...which means I held it up for ages!!)

Now convinced the extra seconds I held it up resulted in someone dying!!!!

OCD over reaction or would a normal person feel bad? *I feel like a murderer.*

:((((((. Please help. It's been a year and I'm constantly worried!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't worry about it, the few seconds the ambulance was held up wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever, if anything the driver will have sped up afterwards anyway to make up for it.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, the few seconds the ambulance was held up wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever, if anything the driver will have sped up afterwards anyway to make up for it.

:yes: agreed.

Fallenangel, you say you suffer from anxiety, is this something you're getting help for? If the ambulance had been waiting for ages, chances are someone would have banged on your window, it probably wasn't anywhere near as long as you imagine.