Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Asking girls out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all been single now for 6 months time to move and tha I like girl she lives not that far from me I whana ask her out but she haven't long come out of relationship with someone else we gd friends but not sure wha to do any help would be great thanks all :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you are already friends with someone then it can be a bit difficult to "ask them out" (romantically) straight out of the blue, unless you've already established that there is mutual interest. It might come as a shock to her that you are interested!

If you aren't sure whether she likes the only way you'll find out is to spend some time alone with her. Look for activities to do which involve the two of you, but don't imply anything more than friendship - going for a walk, lunch or a coffee, just keep it casual and don't come on too heavy too quick (i.e. not a candlelit dinner in an italian restaurant or coming around to watch a dvd).

If it was me I'd wait for a time she's usually free, text her, ask how she's doing and if she's up to much, and assuming she isn't then say I'm a bit bored and does she fancy going for a walk. Hopefully you should be aware of common interests the two of you have and can think of something appropriate!

Assuming this goes well and you enjoy your time together, things should hopefully move naturally from there - move gradually from organising stuff in the daytime at relatively short notice to planning Friday evenings together :)
  • *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hey zues89 :wave:

Try reading this TheSite article called I love my best friend. It's all about how to ask out someone you're mates with and hopefully you'll find it useful.

Also, how long ago did she come out of this relationship? And how serious was it? If she's going through major breakup trauma, it might be that she's just unable to think about going out with ANYONE atm. Let alone have to deal with a friend declaring their feelings. I suggest scoping out how she's feeling beforehand. If she's still hungup on the ex, it might be worth hanging on a bit so you're declaration isn't lost on her heartbreak.

Let us know how it goes.

Holly