Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

self harm - need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
recently i have been finding everything really difficult to cope with. As well as my own problems to deal with, i now have people confiding in me about theirs and asking me to help them. I am fine with this as i want to help them but i feel like i have no time to deal with my own and that they arent even considering me.
For the past 2 months i have been getting quite depreseed and havent been able to find an escape and am getting quite desperate, i have been feeling that self harm is my only way of letting it all out but every time i go to do it something stops me...

i just need some advice on what to do :crying:

Comments

• Options
    the best thing you can do is listen to that thing that stops you from harming yourself, whatever it may be. you might find that it helps to relieve the tension in the short-term but in the long-term it will just add to the list of problems you have. it sounds really patronising i know, but there are so many more healthy ways of expressing yourself or taking away the hurt you are feeling. and it won't solve the problems that are making you depressed either.

have a think about whether there is anyone around you that you can talk to about how you feel. sometimes just telling someone that actually you are not ok can give you such an overwhelming sense that the world is not on your shoulders anymore. it's ok to be a good friend and support people as long as you are getting some support too. if none of your friends are able to help you at the moment then try a member of your family or someone at work/school. there are always helplines like the samaritans and you can email too.

there are other ways to get through hard times without turning on yourself and punishing yourself for things that aren't your fault. look after yourself x
  • Options
    there are other ways.....

Dear needadvice14.
    Don't feel trapped, there is always a way out. Whether its through talking to friends about it, or praying for help. There is always something better than self harming. I get that u feel it helps, but I'm sure every single one of your friends would be more than open to talking to u about any of your struggles. If.not tell someone on here, it can be surprisingly helpful. Im sure your an amazing person, lifes too short to be unhappy, surround yourself with ppl who make u feel good about yourself.:) confide in others they will be there for u, when u need them ;)<3
    Good luck with everything
    Ginger101 ;)
  • Options
    thank you so much, your advice has really helped! i have found a new release now and its one that is much better for me :) it means so much to know that people who dont even know me are willing to help, it means alot xx