Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Downloading music in Germany

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello!

Ive recently moved to a spacious bed and breakfast in Hamburg , Germany and ive heard that they are pretty strict on 'illegal' downloading here, has anyone else heard of this or got any tips on getting round this. I NEED MY MP3s! :banghead:

any help would be much much appreciated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I usually use this soundcloud downloader app thingy mabobby

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39855/soundcloud-downloader
    I heard a good way to get round it is to buy your music...!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Yep, they are sooooo strict in Germany. I know of lots of people who've been fined for it, been taken to court etc. (I used to live in Germany). Really do not do it... Fines are like ?1000 or something. Like purpledhaze says, legal ways ^^ Or if that fails, Kinder chocolate do free music tracks on occasion (inbetween the kinotag offer).
    I heard a good way to get round it is to buy your music...!

haha if I did I would be a poor poor man. I couldn't possibly choose which songs to pay for it would be something along the lines of Sophie's Choice if I was to chose which songs to purchase and which ones not to. I'd break down in tears. :lol: Though I guess I would be even more broke if I was fined a 1000's of pounds..... hmm it is a toughy..... best to think it over my [URLweekend off[.

Seems like they are cracking down on everything these days, the internet teased us into thinking we were free and then turned on us, scary stuff!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2012/01/25/kim-dotcom-whats-next-for-megaupload-megavideo-founder-denied-bail/?test=bl
    Zulu-Cow wrote: »

Seems like they are cracking down on everything these days, the internet teased us into thinking we were free and then turned on us, scary stuff!

Did no teasing with me :P
    Surely discussing how to download music illegally against thesites rules and terms of use?

However, if one were wishing to use a legal p2p method for legal files then torrents are the way to go.

Also if one would wish to keep his internet usage private, proxy programs exists. Whilst not illegal I do not condone their use for illegal measures, JAP is what I would use to keep my usage private.

http://download.cnet.com/JAP/3000-18510_4-10671702.html
    newsgroups are pretty safe ways to get your material.

Or if you want to step it up a notch, get a french seedbox.