Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

family arguments

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I opened up to my counsellor about the abuse, I told her I was worried about my family arguing. The only people that found out were my parents, and my nanna. A few days ago my nanna told my uncle (his dad) and it's all kicked off. My uncle told my mum he hates her and will never speak to her again, and my nanna has sided with him so she won't talk to my mum either.
I can't handle knowing that it's all my fault. I should of kept my mouth shut. I knew this would happen yet I still told someone about it. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to sort this.

Comments

• Options
    Hi butterfly,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through but please don't think you're at fault *hug*

I'm not familiar with your situation, from what I can gather you've done the right thing, nobody has the right to harm another person physically, sexually or emotionally and speaking out is a really brave thing to do. I understand that it's a really awful time with the family falling out but there's nothing that can be done.

Is your mum supportive of you? Have you spoken with your counsellor about what's going on right now?

dp :heart:
  • Options
    hugs Butterfly, none of this is your fault, it never has been xx
  • Options
    Mum, dad, and my sister are all on my side but I doubt they want to be. I feel betrayed, but responsible. My counsellor had to stop working with me in october, and so did my support worker. So I have to deal with this alone and I don't think I can.
  • Options
    Hi butterfly123

Thats unfortunate about your counselor and support worker. Is there anyone else you can confide in when your feeling low.

Sorry to hear that you feel so alone right now too.

If you're after confidential advice, you could always try Support Line on 01708 765200, where someone would be able to offer confidential advice and hopefully some comfort regarding how you are feeling at the moment.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. There's always someone here to listen.

Ps, you'll find more info on Support Line on there website below...

http://www.supportline.org.uk/

Phil :thumb: