Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Undercover Police had Children with Activists...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And then completely bailed on them.

Link.

Does anybody else find the fact that somebody would trick women in to sex and relationships and even have children and get married, profoundly disturbing? :yeees:

Just goes to show you can't trust anyone I guess...

I feel sorry for the women deceived by these men and the children born out of deception for daddy's career. It's just... Beyond belief. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Its disgusting. Really, really disgusting. I cant see how this behaviour could ever be justified.

I hope that the children are not harmed too much by it.

I suppose that an excuse would be that if youre really trying to be totally undercover and not raise suspicions that you might end up in situations that you would otherwise try to avoid but I really cannot see how this is OK.
    The second police spy followed the progress of his child and the child's mother by reading confidential police reports which tracked the mother's political activities and life.
    Information governance, data protection act anyone? If I did something like that in my line of work I would be dismissed for gross misconduct. No doubt they'll just get a slapped wrist for it.
  • Options
    Disgusting? Yes

Surprising? Hardly. Bear in mind undercover policemen basically deceive for a living.

As ever it's the children I have sympathy for
  • Options
    I think that we ask much of our security forces. To think that this is anything but the thin edge of a very large wedge is, at best, naive.

You know that we even ask people to kill on our behalf, don't you? Which do you think is worse?
  • Options
    sneer wrote: »
    I suppose that an excuse would be that if youre really trying to be totally undercover and not raise suspicions that you might end up in situations that you would otherwise try to avoid but I really cannot see how this is OK.

Is the reality of a situation an "excuse"?
  • Options
    Really?
    We told you to infiltrate the group, not to have sex with one of them!
  • Options
    Also begs the question, why do we need undercover officers to target environmentalist groups?
    Organised crime, yes. Terrorist groups, yes.
    But Green groups? No.