Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Always crying .

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone tell me ,, Why i can get so upset { crying watching tv soaps & news } i find it hard to explain to people , DOCS ECT , is there a name for this ? sat here crying like a kid just typing about it , even worse face 2 face ...

Comments

• Options
    Its called being emotional.
  • Options
    Hm, it seems you have a case of the cry baby. I prescribe you a heavy dose of man up.
  • Options
    Hope u experance it ,,, stubbleS
  • Options
    That's unneccessary Strubbles.

Paul, in your other post you mentioned that you have mental health problems - do you have depression type problems? I find this can make me tearful especially at times of stress when anything even small stuff will make me cry. I find anti-depressants help lot with crying, I'm on a high dose of AD and cry a lot less because of this.

*hugs*
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Hm, it seems you have a case of the cry baby. I prescribe you a heavy dose of man up.

Oh please - I know you don't like the gently gently approach, but sometimes you need to be prescribed a really heavy dose of don't say anything at all.
  • Options
    Argh.

Strubbles - your comment is an example of exactly why men find it harder to get help for mental health problems, it's really not fair - stop trying to be funny at other people's expense ffs.
  • Options
    I think it may be more than just 'emotional'. Perhaps you have a large dose of 'empathy', which is no bad thing. Th eowrld would be a better place if more people empathised.
  • Options
    I am sorry, I apologize. I felt bad typing it up, because health and psychological problems are no laughing matter, but the crying while watching TV soaps and News just got me. It's like, OH NO mr. news reader, how can you wear a green tie with brown eyeglasses, this is so sad. Guess my blooming imagination got the best of me.

hope you get better, maybe by stop watching TV, could be a progress. If you cry when pouring you a cup of milk then you at least know it wasn't the TV after all and you need to look for the root of the problem elsewhere.
  • Options
    It is possibly that the news he was watching was quite sad, as believe it not not, bad things happen and people get upset by it. I don't think crying at awful news stories makes a person a wimp.
  • Options
    Thanks for the genuine replys ... Stubble ur a tool ................................

:banghead::banghead:
    *Lea* wrote: »
    It is possibly that the news he was watching was quite sad, as believe it not not, bad things happen and people get upset by it. I don't think crying at awful news stories makes a person a wimp.
  • Options
    Firstly, don't worry. How old are you? As a teenager ones hormones are highly active, making us more emotionally charged. I often get teary or even hysterical, especially when I am pre-menstrual. My mum tells me that when she was younger she used to cry at everything and she is still very emotional- however she did not develop depression or any mental health problems and is now a happy and accomplished woman. Perhaps if you're embarrassed you could just explain your worries to your close friends. This does not mean you're a 'cry baby' or a 'coward and you don't need to 'man up'!! Good luck! *hugs*