Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

exercise ball

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone have one of these, to quote someone in another thread, they are like the space hoppers without the handles?

I have heard that they are actually quite good for toning and stetching exercises at home, but I am wary of faddy or gimmicky products.

Fact is, I prefer to work out at home rather than in a gym, I have a good routine for toning, but could do with a little more variety. I've also heard they can be good for your back (obviously used properly).

Good investment or flash-in-the-pan useless gimmick?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks Alistair! :)

I have Argos Vouchers and I'm not afraid to spend them...
    Originally posted by kaz

I have Argos Vouchers and I'm not afraid to spend them...

:D

I shall go forth and purchase, old people and mums with pushchairs do not deter me, nor do staff with bigger spots than brains, I shall be triumphant.
    :D
    lol
    I use one every time i work my abs and damn does it make them burn, squeezing your abs at the top of the contraction really hits the spot. You can also hold a bag of sugar in your hands, or one of the new small rubber medicine balls you can get (under your chin or stretched out behind your head depending on difficulty) to really work them...

I have heard if you are looking at developing your abs you should work them like other muscles i.e. sets of reps with varying weights... in that you dont exercise your biceps by keeping the same weight and increasing the reps time and time again till you can do 100 or whatever. Anyone disagree with this?
    That's why you want the revolutionary Alistair's Absercize :p
    You can vary the amount of resistance, and it uses the muscles as they are designed to be used - as stabilisers, not prime movers. With work and patience it's very good at giving good square abs. It even has a testimonial from Snow white later on in the thread!

http://www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19939&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
    Re: Re: exercise ball
    Originally posted by RNT

bollocks, get your arse down the gym you lazy biatch! :p:D

oi!

There are some of us that aren't aiming for the Zena Warrior Princess look, thank you very much. :p
    There are some of us that aren't aiming for the Zena Warrior Princess look, thank you very much

Mental picture going through head consisting of Kaz running about in Zena warrior princess gear!!

Class :p
    Originally posted by wuckFit

Mental picture going through head consisting of Kaz running about in Zena warrior princess gear!!

Class :p

*grins*

That metal bra really chaifs like a bitch, though
    That metal bra really chaifs like a bitch, though

If you can do her battle cry and crack peoples necks with your thighs I will be really impressed :p

Go kick some booty girl :D