Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Royal Parks Half Marathon Ballot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Am I correct in thinking that some people did Royal Parks Half last year? According to Mencap's Facebook page, the ballot is now open.

I might do this one. What is the route like, please?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hey Melian,

There are indeed a group of board users who did the Royal Parks Half last year. I did too as a YouthNet staff member.

I would say the Royal Parks Half is a really lovely half marathon. It starts and ends in Hyde Park, includes a run along the river Thames and the second half of the race is entirely in Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. They are currently finalising this year's route, but you can see last year's route map here.

If you do want to enter, you can find out all of the information about the ballot on their website - http://royalparkshalf.com/ - and you can also get information there about how to get a charity place if you don't want to go through the ballot, or aren't successful when it's drawn.

I will certainly say that I enjoyed it enough that I've already entered this year's ballot so I can do it all over again!

Will :)
  • Options
    just entered the ballot