Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How much is too much?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
Many people have said it to me in the past and someone has said it to me again today taht i do too much.

The majority of what I do in my spare time is voluntary work and it is all things I enjoy and get something out of.

However I do know that I am very bad at saying No, but I was just wondering how much time other people spend just sitting infront of the tv and hvaing some 'me' time. I know it varies between people but I just wanted to know.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I have too much time in front of the TV lol. But yes I do want a job.
  • Options
    Hey Nikilala - our article on stress management has some really good practical tips for relaxation and suggests trying to set aside at least 30 minutes each day to switch off from the world and unwind - do you think you do that?

Here's the link: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/copingwithstress

As you say, it's totally different depending on the person, some of us need more down time than others so the comments from people may be down to the fact that they couldn't imagine being that busy themselves! If you're happy with the amount you're doing then there's probablay nothing to worry about, just be careful not to burn yourself out ;)

Perosnally I find I like to know I have at least a couple of nights a week where I don't have anything planned and I can just chill out but some weeks are busier than others, fitting in the gym with work and seeing friends, volunteering, whatever you might be doing it can soon pile up and it's nice to make time to do things just for yourself.

I'd say the key is being able to recognise when you do need a break and being able then to say 'no', or if you do start to feel stressed then that's a sign you might have taken on too much :chin: