Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rivaldo...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
According to reports from Spain, Barcelona and Rivaldo have agreed to terminate his contract.

So where do you think he is going?

MUFC have been in the hunt in the past, but I'm not sure now. Real Madrid have denied wanting him, but they would. Lazio are rumoured to be interested...

So where do you think he is heading - England/Italy or staying in Spain...and which club
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd really like to see him in the Premiership every week. Real Madrid do want him even if they can already build one of the best attacks in Europe. Any team that wouldn't want Rivaldo has the best of luck from me. Given the choice Barca won't want him to remain in Spain.

The Premiership or Italy then. Man Utd possible, Newcastle were meant to be interested, Liverpool possibly and maybe even Leeds depending on financial situation. He could come to Villa if he wants.

Italy? Hmmm possibly. Other Brazalians are successful there. Inter, Milan, Juventus. Other than that then no not really

Hopefully he'll pick the Premiership :D
  • Options
    According to Sky sports he earns £120,000 a week so that would be a detterrent to most if not all the clubs... Real, Man utd and Inter were interested in him.

Apparently an english club have bid £15 mil for Denilson plus Arsenal want Gilberto Silva so if Rivaldo did come to England we'd have quite afew samba stars, not forgetting Juninho if he does agree to boro.
  • Options
    Before the world cup I would of liked to see him in the Premiership, however I found him to be a whinging, cheating little cunt and would hate him to bring his ways to this country, I can't think of a worse role model. I hope he stays abroad where his pathetic attitude will be more at home.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    Before the world cup I would of liked to see him in the Premiership, however I found him to be a whinging, cheating little cunt and would hate him to bring his ways to this country, I can't think of a worse role model. I hope he stays abroad where his pathetic attitude will be more at home.

I agree that he is a pathetic cheat who should have been sent home following the Turkey game, but I remember the damage he did to a good United defence. I'd pay to watch him again.

Of course, I'd rather he came to United than any other English team.

*salivates at thought of a Van Nistlerooy & Rivaldo attack*
  • Options
    I'm more than happy to sacrifice his undoubted ability, it wasn't just the Turkey game, he continued throughout the tournament, just niggly things, like tranmere under John Aldridge. I hate to see it with a passion, I know he's far from the only one, but he seems to do it as matter of habit. He needs his legs breaking.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan_London
    According to Sky sports he earns £120,000 a week so that would be a detterrent to most if not all the clubs... Real, Man utd and Inter were interested in him.

Spain's wages are very high all over the board. Mainly because of Barca and Real Madrid.

How would Utd play with Rivaldo? They could go like me on Championship Manager and play 3-4-1-2. Rio, Blanc, Silvestre, Giggs, Keane, Rivaldo, Beckham, Scholes, Nistelrooy and Solksjaer. Or play Veron in Scholes' place. Or Veron in midfield with Rivaldo up front even. Just typing what I think now...

From what I've seen Denilson is over rated.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    How would Utd play with Rivaldo? They could go like me on Championship Manager and play 3-4-1-2.

spooky :eek:

I've just changed from that to 4-3-2-1, or 4-3-1-2 depending on opposition...

I'd play 4-4-2 still and drop Veron. Play Shcoles and Keane in the middle and Rivaldo up front with Ruud
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

spooky :eek:

I've just changed from that to 4-3-2-1, or 4-3-1-2 depending on opposition...

I'd play 4-4-2 still and drop Veron. Play Shcoles and Keane in the middle and Rivaldo up front with Ruud

Might change to one of those for a cup game or something :)

Yeah I can see that working for Utd if Veron doesn't kick up too much of a fuss. Half the time you can't cope with 4 defenders let alone 3 :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    Might change to one of those for a cup game or something :)

It works for me, I've just done all four trophies :eek:
  • Options

It works for me, I've just done all four trophies :eek:

:eek: :D

With Utd no doubt?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego

:eek: :D

With Utd no doubt?

Like anyone else could :p

I did manage to get Gillingham into the Prem...but I used a cheat to get some cash for purchases... ;)

Have you managed to become England manager yet?
  • Options

Have you managed to become England manager yet?

No!! I had the Nigeria job for a while which was alright but I missed the day to day stuff of it (therefore longer loading times :eek: ). I applied for the Spain job, I'm the best manager in their league, and didn't get it.

England on the other hand were runners up in World Cup 2002 without Beckham, Sol or Scholes and then went on to win Euro 2004 :D. Beckham can't get into the team :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    No!! I had the Nigeria job for a while which was alright but I missed the day to day stuff of it (therefore longer loading times :eek: ).

I kept my day-2-day job as well :)
  • Options

I kept my day-2-day job as well :)

At one point I was manager of Real Madrid and Nigeria in a Kevin Keegan stylee which was fun. Real Madrid results dipped and you could see where I got the Nigeria job on the league position graph.

I choose Real :D
  • Options
    Football at the moment is starting to enter a money crisis. Wages are going to have to fall as clubs are starting to struggle to pay for the large wage demands of all the players.

There hasnt been much in the way of big money moves this summer because of it. I think the prices players are bought and sold for will drop slightly over the next few years and so will wages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MattBomb
    Football at the moment is starting to enter a money crisis.

God i hope not, the future is very grim if thats the case, i'm kinda hoping its already in a money crisis
  • Options
    Well money crisis is a bit too strong of a word to use and this is mainly effecting spanish and italian clubs.

Some clubs are having trouble paying the constant high wages, and clubs dont have a gr8 deal of money to spend on new players.
  • Options
    when the next tv rights come around for the premiership the shit is gonna hit the fan, SKY no longer have a serious contender and so the price they pay will drop considerably, whilst the nationwide is stablising thank god, the big boys are yet to face the music
  • Options
    Unfortunately as players are being paid so much the clubs are charging the fans astronomical prices for tickets, and this is seriously crippling the fans... I used to go to spurs games when I was about 10 and just checking the prices for the same seat now i'd be looking at £836, no way would I pay that when my team isn't producing the goods on the pitch :mad:

Italian games has piss poor attendance figures but still have players earning top money... Lazio were reported to be paying out £2 mil a week in wages... fricking ridiculous :eek:
  • Options
    Re: Rivaldo...
    According to reports from Spain, Barcelona and Rivaldo have agreed to terminate his contract.

So where do you think he is going?

MUFC have been in the hunt in the past, but I'm not sure now. Real Madrid have denied wanting him, but they would. Lazio are rumoured to be interested...

So where do you think he is heading - England/Italy or staying in Spain...and which club

He just wanted to "almost" sign for us.

:rolleyes:

We almost signed Dino Baggio this week too. I reckon we'll almost sign Kevin Phillips (again) on Friday.

Oh the joys of supporting Spurs.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Rivaldo...
    Originally posted by Angie

He just wanted to "almost" sign for us.

:rolleyes:

We almost signed Dino Baggio this week too. I reckon we'll almost sign Kevin Phillips (again) on Friday.

Oh the joys of supporting Spurs.

And you almost signed Morientes as well.

When are you going to see sense and sell us Stephen Carr?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Rivaldo...
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden

And you almost signed Morientes as well.

When are you going to see sense and sell us Stephen Carr?

We have to almost sell him a few times first, and then stick to form and let him go on a Bosman. :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Rivaldo...

We have to almost sell him a few times first, and then stick to form and let him go on a Bosman. :rolleyes: :mad:

Can we have Ledley King as well? We'll swap him for Stepanovs and Luhzny.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rivaldo...
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden

Can we have Ledley King as well? We'll swap him for Stepanovs and Luhzny.

No.
  • Options
    The way Spurs are going, this time next year they will almost be in the Premiership.

:D
  • Options
    The way Spurs are going, this time next year they will almost be in the Premiership.

:D

Hardihar! :p

I have faith in my team.

I see you're a ManU supporter... and live in Kent. :rolleyes: ;):D

How many times have you been to Old Trafford... just asking out of interest. You may be one of the few United fans who's been there more times than I have.
  • Options
    If I had a pound for every time that was mentioned I'd be a rich man. A very rich man. :)

I'm 31, and have been supporting Utd since 70s. Yes I've been to Old Trafford on numerous occasions, in fact I was there a few weeks ago - only visiting this time though.

I don't get there as often now as I used too, partly because tickets are harder to come by (alhough not if you know the right people) and I have kids, so it is difficult to justify the expense of going there over spending money on them.

Difficult, but not impossible. ;)

You think I'm bad, I have a brother who is a c*nt

Sorry I mean a Gooner
  • Options
    Heh! I'd be loaded if I had a £1 for every time someone's asked me about the Tottenham tradition. :D

I too don't go to games as much as I did, again, because it's too expensive and I've a son who wants to go as much as I do. The cheapest seats at WHL are around the £35 mark. :eek: :mad:

So basically, even if I got the restricted view £35 a seat tickets, it costs a fortune. By the time I've got the ground, done the match day ritual of a bite in the cafe and bought a programme, had a drink at half time and got home, I have no change from £100. Just for two of us to watch 90 mins of football. I don't know how families do it. Even the club membership schemes don't give you that much of a discount.

Did you do the stadium tour at OT? I did it back in 96 (can't believe it was that long ago) and it was a great experience. Is Sir Alex's wooden chair still there?
  • Options
    Heh! I'd be loaded if I had a £1 for every time someone's asked me about the Tottenham tradition. :D/

If the years ends in one...
    Did you do the stadium tour at OT? I did it back in 96 (can't believe it was that long ago) and it was a great experience. Is Sir Alex's wooden chair still there?

Funnily enough I have never done it. Have thought about taking my eldest one day soon, but no major plans. I prefer to just go for the footie. When I was there a few weeks ago, it was because I was at a conference in Manchester anyway and I was showing someone else where it was so that they could take their kids up there. It was really wierd not to be there with crowds of people...

Still impressive though.

Much more than Wembley ever was.
  • Options
    Wembley was a dump. It looked fantastic on the outside with the twin towers etc, but inside it was an absolute disgrace.